Chapter 28; Epilouge

Well, this is the final chapter of Forever Eternal. I know it's short but it's short for a reason I promise. I'm debating on a sequel, I'm not exactly sure where I' going with this yet, but please let me know what you think I should do. I'd appreciate it so so much. Thank you to my fans who have made writing this book worthwhile, thank you for sticking with me through it all and helping me get past all my obstacles that have come my way. I cannot truly thank you all enough. XOXO -Lanie

~Scarlett’s POV~

I set Valistar’s body on the ground gently, his face looked so peaceful, just as if he were simply sleeping. I wiped my eyes with trembling hands and stood up. I didn't know if Valistar was actually evil, or if he had just become misunderstood and due to being unloved fell to darkness. It was sad and my heart hurt for him. I turned to Darien and the others, a small smile on my face. Corleen ran forward in a flash and grabbed me into her arms with a sob.

“Oh Scarlett.” She whispered into my hair as her arms wrapped around me like a vice. I hugged her back with equal vigor, fresh tears welling into my eyes. My sister, the women who had raised me, I didn't know where I'd be without her guidance in my life.

Everyone came forward and hugged me, the sudden weight of everything came crashing down upon me. I cried and cried, like a tsunami of emotions and feelings washing over me. I had died, to think that if these people hadn't gotten here when they did Valistar would have won and he would've had his revenge.

We all pulled away and Darien picked me up in his arms and swung me around before kissing me, “Let’s go home.” He said kissing me.

We took Valistar and buried him outside of the cathedral, I just wouldn’t be right otherwise. No one said anything, words weren't necessary, I just didn't think anyone felt as sorry for him as I did. But during my captivity with him I began to understand where he was coming from, and what led him to be who he was.

On the plane ride back Darien held me the entire ride back, murmuring words of comfort and love into my ear, running his hands along the skin of my shoulders. Everyone else sat across from us, silent, the weight of the night still on our shoulders. Alex and I would make eye contact ever so often and he would smile at me, but I could still see the sadness in them.

Just as I was about to doze off into slumber I suddenly remembered something and shot up gasping. “Oh my goodness. Julius. When I was dead, someone was talking to me… She had a voice that was sweet like honey. She called me daughter and I felt so at peace, like I was in a warm embrace. She was my mother…” As I spoke it felt as if a wave of euphoria washed over me, I looked back into my conscious and remembered what had happened while I was in the in between.

I was floating high above the sky, the moon was bright and full, a soft breeze carried the scent of jasmine in it's arms. I didn't know why I was here, I didn't even know where I was. All I remembered was Valistar looming over me, then nothingness. I was weightless, like a feather, nothing could weigh me down.

"Oh, my sweet daughter. I'm sorry for what you've had to endure. You're so precious, I've been watching you grow up from afar. You deserve the world my love, please return to life. You have such a bright future ahead of you. So much you have yet to do. Live! I love you my sweet blessing." Her voice was all around me, encasing me in a warm embrace and suddenly I felt like I was being pulled back down to the Earth, returning to where I belonged.

"Scarlett!" Corleen said as she was waving her hand in front of my face, I snapped out of my daze and shook my head “What did she say?” She asked, everyone leaned closer to me.

“She told me that she loved me and would always love me, that she was proud of me…” My voice cracked as I continued “And that I had to live, that my life wasn’t finished, that she still wanted to hold me in her arms. My mother is alive, and she wants to see me.”

“Scarlett, that’s amazing!” Corleen exclaimed “Our mother is out there!” She sounded as surprised as I felt.

I nodded, “We have to find her.” I said with determination, hope blossoming in my heart.

I knew we were heading home, a sudden weight was lifted from my shoulders, and yet I knew the journey wasn’t over. I knew there was still so much I had to learn in this world, there was so much I was expected to do. And I didn’t know where we were going, but I knew that I was ready so long as I had my newfound family and love beside me I could take on the world.

Please, let me know what you think. Vote and comment I really REALLY want to know everyone's opinons on what you thought, what I should do next. Just let me know please. Thank you again for reading, everyone's support has kept me going, you guys are why I write.