Chapter 10

Woohoo new chapter! Let's party. -Gives out candy- But seriously thank you everyone for your support. Keeps me going. And woah. Almost 1,000 reads on Whispered Words? Let's keep those numbers going up! ;D Love you all XOXO -Lanie

I walked in the middle between Julius and Darien, both of them a calm look on their faces. They seemed almost smug. What if I totally screwed up and the Council hated me? Would I be punished then? What would the outcome be? As we stepped into an elevator the butterflies in my stomach kicked it up a notch dancing wildly, making me become dizzy in anxiety. I gulped down the lump in my throat and tried to focus on the positive.

When we got out of the elevator I was left agape at the elegant and marvelous design of what I was looking at. I looked down at the black and white swirled marble floors polished so my reflection gleamed back at me. The walls were a dark chocolate brown colored and black designs crawled along the walls, with obvious hard work and impeccable hand movements. A grand chandelier hung from the white ceiling white and gold tear drop crystals suspended by what seemed like nothing at all. My heels clacked against the stone floor echoing out through the corridor as I looked around. Julius and Darien seemed amused at the way I marvelled at the small portion of such a huge castle.

"Where are we?" I asked turning to them finally coming to my senses.

"Underground." They both answered.

"Why?"

"Because down here is where the Council meets and it's also where they keep their archives." Julius said, I had forgotten the fact he was a member of the Council.

I nodded as Darien took my hand and we walked up to the huge double doors that loomed high above me, seemingly inviting but yet I didn't know what lay behind them. I took a deep breath before we walked in. I was standing in the middle of the room with a circle of vampires sitting above us, looking down. Their gazes looked harsh as they raked their eyes over me. Studying me.

"I am Scarlett Viniche." I stated trying to sound as confident as possible.

A man stood up, he looked old but not to the point he looked as if he would wither to dust.

"I am Father Sinsata. Head of the Council." He said placing a hand over his heart and bowing slightly. The same way Julius had whenever he first met me.

"There is only one way to tell if you are truly the vampire spoken of in the prophecy..." He began.

I nodded my head not sure what to expect.

"On your back, there should be a mark on your back, not exactly big but not small either. It should be in the center of your back in between your shoulder blades. Please remove your shirt." He said it so casually.

I stared at him like he had grown two heads. But Julius gave me a look that told me to do it. I turned around and unbuttoned my blouse letting it drop to the floor. There was an immediate outbreak of gasps and murmurs that filled the room.

"She bores the mark." One lady said.

"She's the one."

"The prophecy is finally here."

I quickly slipped my shirt back on and turned to face them. They were all still talking about me. I wanted to see the mark myself.

"Everyone be quiet." Father Sinsata ordered and the room instantly grew quiet.

I looked at Father Sinsata and tried to keep calm.

"So...I am the one?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"Yes Dear. You are." Father Sinsata said and he gave me a small smile.

"Everyone keep on alert. Tell no one we know the truth. At our Gala Ball we shall announce Scarlett to the entire vampire community. Until then speak of this to no one." He stated waving his hand in dismissal. Everyone began filing out and heading about their buisness. Darien walked over to Julius and began whispering in harsh low tones. But with my new found amazing hearing I could hear them.