Chapter 13

I'm thinking about entering for the Watty Awards 2013. Just don't know what it'll be about...I will one day win the Watty Awards...it's on my bucket list. Anywhoser. Comment, vote. Please. You're the best. Thanks again for over 100 fans. Means the world. -Lanie

"You're tiny." The seamstress told me as she put a measuring tape around my waist.

"Now, what kind of dress do we want her to wear?" The lady turned around to Darien, Father Sinsata, and Julius.

"Something that will set her apart from every other vampire in the room." Father Sinsata said.

"Alrighty then. I'll get right to work. Does it matter what color?"

"No. Not really. Anything would look good on her." Darien said smirking.

The entire church was alive with people decorating for the big ball, everyone was bustling and moving about. We have about a week and a half before the ball. I, of course wasn't allowed to help, seeing as I was their so called guest of honor. My sister and Alex should be here later tonight, and to say I was ecstatic was putting it mildly.

I was in the process of getting ready, I didn't know what to wear. My wardrobe had completely been redone and everything was fancy and high class now, not that I really minded but can't a girl wear a pair of jeans and an over sized hoodie every once in a while. Seeing as tonight was a special occasion I decided to wear a dark royal blue chiffon dress with a pair of black pumps. I straightened my hair and did my make up lightly, looking in the reflection I was satisfied with my look.

"Scarlett, they're here." Darien said walking into my room.

I knew they were, I smelt them. I turned and smiled.

"What are we waiting for then?" I chirped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darien led me down to what I was assuming was the main entrance. I saw my sister walk in and I ran to her hugging her tightly. I was trying to be gentle since I knew I was stronger being a new born vampire and all. She held me tighter than I was her, I felt some joyful tears touch my skin.

"Oh I've missed you so much." She cried.

"I've missed you too. I'm so happy you're here now." I said.

She pulled away and I was quickly grabbed back up by Alex who picked me up and whirled me around.

"Still light as a feather. I've missed you Scarlett..." Alex whispered as he sat me down.

"I've missed you too!" I laughed softly and hugged him again.

My mom and my best friend were here and I could feel any better. Darien walked up to my side and wrapped and arm around my waist in more of a protective and possessive manner than anything.

"Good to see you again. I'll show you to your rooms." Darien said and we all began walking back to where my room was.

Turns out there was a collection of rooms like mine, not as personalized as mine was but they were extravagant guest rooms. I really did wonder how huge this place was.

"So Scarlett got fitted for the ball?" Corleen asked Darien.

"Yes. Just this morning. Everyone's preparing the decorations now since this is such a huge event." He said.

"I'm so excited. This ball is one of the biggest events for vampires. And announcing Scarlett's entry into the vampire society makes it all the more exciting. Though I am nervous to let everyone know about her..." My sister began rambling.

"Scarlett will be fine. We've been training her in self defense and soon we should find out if she has any powers. Besides I'll be with Scarlett all night to protect her." Alex gave Darien a look of disbelief and anger with jealousy.

"I think I should be the one to be with her. I haven't seen her in weeks." Alex said glaring at Darien. I saw where this was heading and stepped between the two.

"Keep it civil guys. Or else I won't be with either one of you." I said looking between the two of them.

They both huffed and crossed their arms. Men.

"Now if you will excuse me I will be stealing Scarlett for some much needed girl time." My sister said grabbing my hand leading me away.

"Don't kill each other!" I yelled out behind me.

"Woah seems like those two have gotten even more possessive of you." Corleen giggled.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm asking Father Sinsata if I can take you to a spa."

"Why though? I don't need a spa trip." I exclaimed.

"I know but it'll be fun. Sister bonding." She said.

So I sat and waiting while Corleen sat in Father Sinsata's office begging him to let me leave the property. My skin was adjusted to the sun now so I wouldn't burn. It was just a matter of keeping me on the down low.

"Okay. Lets go." Corleen said as she came out jumping up and down. I don't know why she was so excited. It was just the spa. I'm not one for pampering. I don't like people waiting on my every need.

At the spa we had private rooms, insisted on by my extravagant sister, as we soaked in a hot tub with a glass of champagne she asked me, 

"So. What's going on with you and Darien?" I nearly chocked on my drink. "Nothings going on." I sputtered.

"Bull crap. I saw how he was possessive of you when Alex came in." She said coyly.

"Well if there's anything going on I certainly wasn't informed." I replied.

"Well, when you're ready to be honest I'll be here. But I can't wait for the ball in all honesty. Its always perfect. And you'll be the star of the show."

"Oh just what I love. Being the center of attention." Note my amazing sarcasm.

"This is different. You're being introduced into a whole new world. This is huge!"

"Trust me I know. I've already been taking classes on not making a fool of myself. Julius has been helping me in the areas if being proper and Darien has been training me in self defense."

"Sounds like its been pretty crazy. How was your first time feeding?"

"I fed from Darien. It went smoothly, I haven't hurt anyone."

"You fed from Darien?"

"Yeah, he was the one to open my coffin after I woke up."

"Hm. Well, are you excited for the ball?"

"I'm so nervous. I'm scared. And excited and everything."

Corleen laughed and let out a deep relaxed sigh. "Well enjoy this relaxation cause the next few days are going to be crazy."

It was a total girl day. Messages, mud baths, facials. It was way too extravagant. And expensive. But I did feel relaxed.

Whenever we returned back to the castle/church (I'm really not sure what it is any more. Way too huge to be just an ordinary Church) decoration was in full swing. Corleen and I jumped right in helping in any way we can. The ball room was huge, and extended outside since it would be held at night. I honestly wondered just how huge this place could be. It seemed to be constantly expanding. There was a spiral staircase in the main ballroom leading up to a balcony, where I will be introduced.

"Woah, it's coming together quickly. When you have a huge team of vampires working on something the job gets done quick." Julius said.

"Yeah." I said

Everything seemed to be in order. Hopefully it will all go smooth...