Chapter 18

Ya'll are lucky I love you so much. Two updates two days in a row and I'm on vacation! Man, on a roll. Well Happy 4th of July! And enjoy, vote, read, comment. Means the world to me really it does. 

~Darien's POV~

"Beat by a girl eh?" Julius teased me.

"Oh can it!" I said looking over at Julius, he and I were sitting by the pond outside talking....about Scarlett.

"So, Brother. You seem to have a fond affection for Scarlett."

My heart rate immediately went up, "No need to explain anything I understand." Julius said before I even had the chance to speak.

"But Julius!" I began but he caught me off.

"You kissed her, in front of everyone. You love her."

"No I don't I was just emotional."

"Sure whatever you say, but ya know. I feel like I've know her before."

"What do you mean?" I asked looking over at Julius's serious face.

He opened his mouth to speak but my cell went off before he could talk.

"Hello." I flipped the phone open.

"Meet me in the square 25 minutes tops." My partner Peter told me before hanging up. 

I looked over to Julius, "Duty calls." He smiled and nodded to me.

 I ran to the front of the estate and jumped into my convertible and began to drive down the mountain. When I arrived into the plaza it took Peter no time to see me and walk over to me.

"To your left, fifteen steps." He said as he got into the passenger side. My eyes glanced to my left to see a woman sitting on the ground staring blankly ahead.

"Vampire or demon?" I asked eyeing the woman warily.

"Vampire, withdrawal, sanity about ten percent." 

"Are our orders to terminate?" 

"Yes."

I got out of my car, taking my retractable scythe, placing it in the waistband of my pants. I walked over to the woman keeping a good distance between us. Talk to target first.

"Ma'am may I speak with you." I asked flashing her a smile.

The woman only made a gurgling noise in response. I took a look around and saw no one was watching us. I quickly grabbed the woman, throwing her over my shoulder before running into an alley way. I felt a sharp pain as she bit into my shoulder, drinking like a mad man. I threw her to the ground and pulled out my scythe extending it to its' full length. Ribbons flew from the top and from the handle in spirals and the blade was polished silver, unbreakable. Without hesitation I swept the scythe down and cut off her head. Peter ran up and began the cleaning procedure, he put the woman in a body bag and the head in a separate bag, he then sprayed the ground with strong acid where the blood had touched the ground. The body would be burned later.

"That was swift work." He said smirking.

"You know me." 

When we were done we looked and found the plaza was no practically deserted. We moved to where Peters' car was parked and threw the body in the back, Peter would take it to HQ and burn it.

"Glad that was quick and easy. But that was the fifth one this week. In the same place." I raised a questioned eyebrow at him wondering what his thoughts would be.

"It's odd I must admit, but I don't know the reason to why this would be happening."

"Could it be Scarlett?" I wondered aloud.