Chapter 5

NJH

Once Ryleigh walked away I opened the tip box where she slipped in a note. I pulled out the bill and gasped in shock. She'd just given me a whole 100 dollars for absolutely no reason.

Earlier today, the guy who I rented this place from, Paolo, said that if he didn't get his share he'd ask me to close it. It completely dampened my mood.

Ryleigh coming just gave me a little happiness. She's just a very positive person that you literally cannot be sad with her around. She is a little wound up from work when she talks with me but I'm sure she's a pretty chill person when she's at home or on break.

Honestly I doubt the girl takes breaks because she's here almost always, except Saturday's. I've noticed her coming in for a couple hours on Sunday for some odd reason.

I took the hundred to the guy and gave the whole thing to him.

"How'd you make so much so fast?" He asked in shock.

"Honestly even I don't know," I shrugged.

I returned home and saw Harry cooking. "Honey! I'm home!" I said and heard a loud boisterous laugh.

"Oh darling! How was work?" Harry asked in a high pitched voice.

"Shut up," I laughed, "Work was fine. Really good. It started like shit. But it became really good. All thanks to a certain green eyed beauty. Well green blue eyed I guess," I said.

"Ooh! Tell me more!" Harry squealed girlishly.

"That guy, Paolo, asked me to pay a hundred today and I clearly didn't have the money to pay him and asked him for a few days, he gave me a few hours. Good old Ryleigh came over and tipped me a hundred and I was able to pay him off," I said.

"How cute is she?" He asked.

"Really, reallyyyy cute babe," I answered with a little smirk.

"Ask her out!" He urged.

"I don't... know," I trailed off. I don't think someone like her would even consider going on a date with me.

"Don't brush it off without even trying! Ask her. I'm sure she'll agree," He said.

"I- I'll see," I stuttered.

"Have some confidence in yourself love. I'm sure she's attracted to you as well," He said.

"She's like so out of my league, Haz. I don't think I'd ever have a chance with her. And even if I do I don't think I'd be able to keep her satisfied in a relationship," I said, voicing my worries.

"You need to stop this. Stop questioning and analysing everything. Don't look so far into the future. Live in the present, Niall," He advised.

"What's for dinner?" I asked, changing the topic.

"You're not getting out of this sweetie. Also, pasta," He said.

"Mhm okay. Oh I love your pasta!" I said and sat down.

The next day went by slowly and I had quite the number of people come. It was a little more than usual which put me in a happier mood.

"Hi Ryleigh!" I waved when I saw her at the usual 5 o clock.

"Ello!" She smiled cutely and came over, "I'd like my hot chocolate please."

"Gotcha," I said and started on my hot chocolate.

"Aren't ya all happy now?" She said.

"All thanks to you princess," I said without even thinking.

"Princess?" She asked.

"Sorry," I said with a shy smile.

"Glad to know someone thinks I'm a princess," She laughed.

"Your warm cup of melted chocolate, my lady," I said in a fake posh accent and passed her cup of hot chocolate. She burst out laughing and took the cup from me.

"Why thank you gentleman," She said with a similar fake accent. We looked at each other for a split second before laughing again once more.

I heard a shutter of a camera go off making me look up. I saw a random guy with his camera facing us.

"Umm...?" I trailed off.

"Sorry. I found the natural beauty of the situation too enticing not to take a picture," He said.

"Can I see?" Ryleigh asked and he nodded.

She went over to him and looked at the picture.

"Can I get the picture? I'll pay you," She said after looking at the picture.

"Yes ma'am. I could get it to you in maybe three days if I get a location," He said.

"CARE company. Just ask for Ryleigh at the reception and I'll be down. Thank you so much," She said.

"Of course," He nodded and walked away.

"Hey! I wanted to see it too," I frowned.

"Three days. I'll get you a copy within three days Alright?" She asked and I nodded.

"I'll be expecting my naturally beautiful photo in three days," I said and she laughed.

"I'm sure I'm the one making it beautiful," She said and flicked her hair.

"Mmm I doubt it. I mean have you seen this face?" I asked and pulled a funny duck face.

"We're both stunning," She said and struck a pose.

"Yas girl!" I cheered in a very annoying high pitched voice and she blew a kiss to me.

"What is wrong with us?" I said and we both burst out laughing.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow then, Niall," She said.

I remembered Harry's advice from the previous night so before she could walk away further I stopped her.

"Ryleigh!" I called out and she stopped.

"Yes Niall?" She asked and turned around.

"I'm closing here as well. How about we go get something? Dinner maybe?" I asked and she took a minute to think.

"Actually you know what never mind-," I said after realising it was a mistake asking her out but she stopped me before I could fully express my thoughts.

"Of course," She said.

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah we can go somewhere. I was just trying to remember if I have some random work to finish and I don't. You want me to wait or...?" She trailed off.

"Oh um. I'll be closing in twenty or so minutes. How about we meet in the restaurant itself?" I asked.

"Even better. Then you better take my number down," She said.

I nodded and pulled my phone out before taking down her number.

"I'll shoot you a text," I said and she nodded.

"I'm looking forward to it," She said with a smile.

"Bye Ryleigh," I said and she waved to me before walking away.

How the hell did this happen?