46

"A picnic?" He smiled and nodded as he pulled a small bag out of nowhere.

"You weren't at breakfast and I didn't want you to starve yourself." I rolled my eyes at his dramatic thought. A smile on my face as I approached him and took the bag from his hand.

"That was very sweet," I gave him a small peck on the cheek, shocking both of us but I brushed it off, "you're still an ass, King." He finally got rid of the shook and gave a laugh.

"And you're still impossible, Queen." I sat down on my bed, motioning for him to sit in front of me as I proceeded to pull out small containers of breakfast items.

"You didn't bring a picnic, you brought a feast." I eyed the twenty containers that I had set on the bed. The basket now on the floor as I slipped off my boots, Bellamy doing the same.

"Gotta eat." I laughed as he grabbed a few of the containers and began to open them. A memory popping up from the camp, back when Finn and I were becoming friends.

"What did you say, Who's hungry?" Bellamy laughed as I mocked him, his laughter making me laugh before we both settled down.

"That was so long ago." I nodded in agreement.

"Taught a very valuable lesson though." Bellamy smirked as he popped a berry into his mouth.

"Oh yeah, what was that." I leaned over so I was directly in front of his face before I answered.

"That I'd have to keep an eye on you to save your dumbass." I snatched a berry from his container and sat back popping it in my mouth, nearly moaning at the taste.

"Funny." He rolled his eyes as I chuckled softly. "You know, I never did thank you now that I think about it." This time I rolled my eyes and grabbed a swig of water.

"Bellamy, if you say thank you now for that, I'm going to do what the panther was trying to do." He laughed as I hid a small smile by eating another berry.

"Easy there wildcat. If I didn't know any better I'd say you've been waiting to pounce on me for a while." I stopped mid-laugh at the second meaning his words could have. Biting down on my lip as I opened a container that had some sort of green.

"Pers?" I glanced up at him as he stared at me curiously. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just, trying to figure out what the hell this is." I held the container up for him to see as he tried to figure it out.

"I think it's seaweed." I scrunched my nose and covered it back up.

"There isn't even a sea nearby. Where the hell did someone get this?" Bellamy only shrugged and threw the container back in the bag.

"So." I looked up from the meat I was pretty certain was venison to Bellamy as he popped one of the last berries in his mouth. "Where, uh, were you this morning?" I swallowed what was in my mouth.

"Just out. Taking a walk around with my dad." Technically not a lie, but not the full truth.

"Nice. Did he say anything?"

"About?" I hid my smile as Bellamy frowned.

"Nothing, never mind." I didn't hide it anymore and started to laugh. "What?"

"You're so needy, Blake. I told him I'd do a test period. I want to see if it's worth it." Bellamy rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Whatever. I'm glad you're considering it." I gave him a pointed look.

"Don't you mean, 'I'm glad he finally talked to you. I've been begging all week'." I laughed at Bellamy's flabbergasted face before I snatched the last berry from his hand and went to bring it up to my mouth only for him to grab my hand.

"I think that belongs to me." He spoke, his face now much closer as he moved my hand towards him.

"No, pretty sure it's in my hand." I tried to pull my hand towards me but his grip was too strong, leading me to bring my face towards my hand.

"We'll see about that." The rest of the containers were forgotten as we stared at each other. A test of strength gave Bellamy the advantage but I was quicker.

I brought my face closer and grabbed his other hand with my empty one as he went to grab the berry between my fingers. Now with both hands preoccupied I flicked the berry with all the flexibility I had accidentally sending it over my shoulder instead of to my mouth. Our eyes moving from my now empty fingers then back to each other as we paused momentarily.

Without another moments hesitation, Bellamy and I both went for the berry that somehow managed to land perfectly in the center of one of my pillows. My hand engulfing it as Bellamy's body hovered behind mine. A hand on either side of my head as I flipped around to face him. The berry clutched tight in my hand as I stared up at Bellamy.

For a moment the berry was forgotten as I evened my breathing and mentally traced his facial features. Only realizing what I had just done after it happened.

His knees went down on the bed either side of my hips, lowering his body to mine.

"You know, you missed earlier." He whispered. I went to ask him what he meant but couldn't as he lowered himself closer to me, now resting on his elbows. My entire body caged by his own muscular build.

My heart raced as his face got closer and closer. My breathing unstable like I had just ran a marathon and my adrenaline was spiking. I thought I was going to have a heart attack as I felt his breath on my face. His eyes staring into mine, the beautiful orbs checking to see if he was okay to proceed.

I didn't let him check any longer as I grabbed his shirt collar and brought him towards me. Any resistance I had was shoved to the back of my mind as he leaned down and I leaned up, our lips finally touching.

I wasn't sure how to describe it. It was sweet, consuming, and brief. Way too brief. I could feel his chapped lips as they moved softly against my own uncertain ones.

I remember reading kissing scenes and none of them compared to this feeling. Most were in a heated fit of passion, but this, this was gentle. This was patient, kind.

I could hear my heart pumping in my ears as the cage of butterflies were released one by one. Soft flutters to match the soft caress of his lips.

I still held up my guard and Bellamy could tell as he slowly pulled back, looking into my eyes. The two of us breathing moderately heavy, our chest almost touching as we caught our breaths.

I could feel the blood in my face as I fought the blush. My brain still comprehending what had just happened as his lips traced the bare skin of my neck. Drawing to just before my shirt collar before coming back up to below my jaw. Placing a soft and lingering kiss on my scar. Than another. The kisses seemed to be an apology as he moved back in front of my eyes. Brown meeting green.

"Relax, Pers. I've got you." His whisper was husky as his berry flavored breath danced along my skin and I felt my heart swoon. Something I thought only book characters could do.

We leaned in again in sync, as if our lips held magnets. This time I followed his instruction and put myself in his hands. I relaxed, the cage of butterflies now broken to pieces causing them to run rampant as our lips moved against each other's.

If this was a book I'd describe this as a fiery explosion that sent electric through my veins. A feeling I never knew I was missing. The adrenaline rush overpowered any I've had while fighting, and as the kiss prolonged the more confident I felt.

My hand still grasped his shirt as I pulled him further into me gently. My other hand reaching up to snake behind his neck as his cradled the side of my face, further deepening the kiss. The berry long forgotten as we lived in the moment.

We be our only witnesses.