23

"Now we need to hold it." Jasper said as he directed the blockade behind the door.

"Harper, we need five buckets of water from the kitchen. As big as possible." I directed as I walked away to help with one of the large dinning tables.

When the table was down I went over to Monty and Jasper who were doing their ridiculous high five.

"How long do you think we can hold them off?" Jasper whispered as they continued to watch the rest of their family.

"We need to hold them off until I can get us a way out." I corrected Jasper's can into a need. There wasn't an option for failure. "Look, when they come they will bring the smoke grenades first. Right in through the main doors." I began to walk into the center of the room, Jasper and Monty following as I began to go through my plan.

"When that happens we need to quickly get them in water, if not, well you experienced first hand of what they can do." I directed to Jasper as he nodded. "Then we have to all lay down still. Weapons within reach but out of sight. Weaker people near the back, the stronger of us at the front. They are going to try and take whomever they can grab. And I will not let that be any of you." I held a hand up as they both went to open their mouths to argue.

"If it comes to one of us being captured, it is going to be me. Do we understand?" I rose a brow at Monty and Jasper as well as the others who had slowly gathered around. "I will not let any of you get hurt. Not anymore than you already have because I pretend to be the good pawn in waiting. But not anymore." I looked around at the remaining hundred, a small smile on my face as I took in each and everyone of their's. "You have been part of the few people I can call my family. And I will never forget you. But if the time comes, and it will, I need you to hold onto each other tighter than ever and forget about me. I do not wish to bring more pain upon you, and I will not let anyone else." I brought the dagger from Miller's father to my hand and sliced my left open along the scar that has healed and been open many times before. Taking the blood and tracing my scar as well as the moon around my eye.

"Now who is ready to get out of this damn mountain?"

_______•*•*•*•_______

The others were getting antsy as I stood near the tower of chairs at the door. My eyes looking through the small window and listening for any sounds coming from the hallway. Monty had been watching surveillance for nearly thirty minutes now and they still haven't- the blast cut my train of thought off as I stood from my leaned position. They sure know how to make an entrance.

"Any weapons?" I called out to Monty as I stood next to the main door.

"None, no guns. You two were right." He looked from me to Jasper.

"It's because they can't kill us. Not like this anyway." I turned my attention back to the door as Jasper continued to talk to Monty.

My blood began to pump as a smirk lay across my face. My adrenaline rising as I waited for the poor souls who decided to come and be their people's heroes.

The first of three pink gas sticks were thrown after the door was thrown open. My hand reaching out to catch it and set it in the water before it could affect anyone. Jasper and Miller did the same with the other two and then everyone laid on the floor. Everyone but me, I slunk into the shadows to keep the guards from noticing me and my guard attire as soon as they walked in.

When the first group entered I crouched down further to the floor to remain unseen as another group came in through the second set of doors. Staring at my friends who were laying face down on the floor concealing their weapons. My eyes landed on the man who seemed to be in charge, my two dagger blades glinting as I spun them in my hold waiting patiently. The man had taken his mask off as he picked up one of the gas sticks and I couldn't stop the malicious smirk that grew when I saw it was in fact the man from earlier, Lieutenant Emerson.

Jasper struck first like we had planned, signaling everyone else and pulling the guards from my direction in order for me to cut them all down without much of a hassle and keep them from escaping. The guards didn't stand a chance as the Arkies mercilessly tore into them. Myself being one of those people. The hazmats were first as I pulled the mask part off and sliced directly along the throat. This action replicated multiple times from behind with me turning them around so they knew who their killer was. As it was a cowardly kill to come from behind. Which is why I sent a final near death, death blow to the stomach making sure to avoid the vest they all were wearing.

My eyes flicked across the room to Emerson who called for the guards retreat. My grin callous as I made my way over stopping a few from escaping and slicing their throats making eye contact with the lieutenant. His eyes wide in fear as he saw who I was.

"We haven't formally met yet," I shouted over the sound of violence as Emerson slowly backed away, his eyes flashing from my daggers to my eyes and my blood that lay around them, "and I'll save the details. Please, call me Bloodmoon." My grin spreading into a smirk as I plunged my left dagger into one of the men who attempted to run to Emerson and safety. "But let Cage know, that Atlys says hi and she'll be coming for him next." I sheathed my daggers as I got closer to him, laughing as he turned and ran away. It was far too easy to scare anyone with violence.