33

"We need to talk to Dante." My eyes snapped to Bellamy as he turned around. "Maya says he's in quarantine."

"He is. Though, there won't be much talking." I informed the group as I left to go inside as they continued to exchange pleasantries.

"What do you mean?" Bellamy jogged to catch up as the rest did the same.

"I mean, Dante's motivation is for his people. And that's why he told Cage what to do."

_______•*•*•*•_______

"Hello Clarke." I heard Dante say as I waited out in the hall.

"Sir, we need your help again." Bellamy's deep voice filled the air.

"It's okay, I took out the camera." Already did that Monty, but no, none of you listened to me. "We can talk freely."

"No one's watching anyway. Thanks to you they are all on level five." Or dead.

"You're not." That's it.

"No..." the old man's eyes drifted and he suddenly became more serious as I stalked in, my dagger drawn. "Miss. Kane."

"Shut it, Dante. Let's go." I stalked over to him and brought the blade up to his neck, pushing him in the back. "I was watching." I whispered in his ear as I pushed him passed everyone and out the door. "I know what you did, and why you don't need to be on five. And I know that your son will be the death of you all."

_______•*•*•*•_______

"I told you, there's no one here." Dante's voice was really starting to agitate me.

"Yeah, I made sure of that." I said from in front as I walked to the surveillance room. The group had made me lead without Dante at blade point. But that didn't mean I wasn't dual wielding. My two daggers clasped tightly as I walked.

"Why aren't you with your people down on level five?" I bit my lip at Clarke's question. Curious at what he would say.

"After what I've done, they can be free. I can't. Deliverance comes at a cost. I bear it so they don't have to." I swiped the card and the lock of the door clicked.

"The mountain man version of Atlas." I mumbled under my breath though I could tell he heard me.

"Yes, The Bearer of the World. You'd know a lot about that." I refrained from turning and giving him a glare, even if it was the truth. Dante didn't know me.

"Persphyni?" I gave Monty a side glance and he motioned to the door I had halted in opening. My brain internally face palming at the clear sign of Dante's words affecting me.

"You don't know me." I hissed over my shoulder as I pushed the door wide open. Breathing in the faint smell of dried blood and hour old dead bodies.

"No. I don't." Dante admitted and I forced myself to keep walking and let the rest pile in. Taking my backpack off and setting it on one of the chairs, I leaned against the control table and stared at the screens showing images of outside and Dante's quarantine room.

"Monty, set up cameras from level five. We need the three in cafeteria and the one in the dorm room, the backup. Not the two I shot." I order, taking charge as Monty slid into a seat and began messing with the controls. "I hope for your sake Cage hasn't touched anymore of our people." I called to Dante who stood behind me next to Bellamy near the door. "I'll take pleasure in making you watch me kill your people."

"You're a sadist." Dante's voice turned to one of disgust.

"No. I'm just an orphan who was raised to be a killer. Whose scars are worn both inside and out. Who held a darkness within for eighteen years, never to fully be unleashed." I turned to face Dante who's eyes were wide with shock. "So no, Dante, I'm not a sadist. I'm the Bringer of Death and the Bearer of the World. And I am dangerous. A fact you all seemed to forget when you gave me such privilege."