37

"Hey, Persphyni. There's someone here to see you." A woman's voice spoke on my left. My mind slowly waking up as I tried to go back to sleep.

"Persphyni." The voice called again. I groaned knowing I wasn't going to be able to go back to my much needed rest.

"If its Bellamy tell him to piss off." I grumbled as I went to turn on my side. The bed I was on surprisingly very comfortable and warm.

"Well it's a good thing I'm not Bellamy." I froze. I knew that voice. Well, I knew it from over a monitor. My eyes snapped open and I slowly turned to face the voice, my heart thudding in my chest as I spotted the man.

"Dad?"

"Hey, Persphyni." He smiled, his eyes watering as he finally got to see me in person for the first time. My own eyes began to cloud as I took in his appearance.

I swung my legs off the side of the bed and sat up, though a little too fast as I set my hands beside me to steady myself. And when I didn't see spots I stood and walked over to him.

"I thought you died. The exodus ship crashed." I said as I approached, hesitating once I got to him.

"You were right about Sydney, she hijacked the ship and well, I guess it's karma." He hesitated too as we stared awkwardly at one another. In sync we both wrapped each other in a hug. Something I couldn't imagine doing to anyone back on the Ark, not even Clarke.

"You have to tell me everything." He mumbled in my ear as he pulled me in tighter. My embrace tightening as I nodded.

"I plan on it. But you have to do the same." I heard him sniffle and it almost set me off. My eyes were burning and my throat felt tight. This feeling foreign but I knew I was on the verge of crying.

"You're so much like her." He whispered as he squeezed me then pulled back so he could look at me. "I'm so sorry. I should have done better, and I intend on being better for you." I have him a smile and squeezed his hands.

"I'm just happy you're here. Dad, you can't beat yourself up about it anymore." He nodded and I saw a tear fall down his cheek as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Okay." I smiled at him as he returned the gesture. "Now. Tell me about this Bellamy Blake." I rolled my eyes and stepped back, his hands falling from my shoulders.

"Dad, you were the head of security back on the Ark. you know all about him." He gave me a raised eyebrow but laughed with a nod.

"Fine. But I'm talking with you later. Abby needs to take a look at you." I turned to face Clarke's mom who was watching the exchange with a teary smile.

"Okay, come here." She waved a hand to the bed I had just been laying on, wiping her eyes. My eyes traveled the room as I got to the bed.

"This isn't medical." I rose a brow in Abby's direction who laughed and shook her head.

"No. It's not. We moved you to your father's room so you could sleep after Jackson and I examined and stitched you up." I eyed her leg and then back up to her.

"How are you feeling, truly?" She sighed and motioned for me to sit down and take off the loose shirt I was wearing.

"It's sore, but nothing like waking up to hear your daughter is gone." I snapped my head faster than I thought I could.

"Clarke's gone? Like as in gone gone or she's been captured?" Abby looked up from the wrapping on the wound and at me curiously.

"She ran away, didn't you already know this? I thought you and her wer-"

"Close? Yeah, me too." She didn't even say goodbye. But I guess I couldn't get mad at her, only angry that she went off by herself.

"Persphyni, be honest with me," Abby paused hesitantly, "will she be okay." I gave Abby a comforting grin and nodded. Even though inside I wasn't sure.

"It's Clarke, she'll manage." At least until I drag her ass back to camp. "How's the wound doc?" I change subject as Abby snapped out of it.

"Oh yeah, here. Go ahead and lay back for me, I need to take the wrapping off and check the stitching." I did as she asked and let her do her thing. Staying quiet as Abby examines the wound.

Within five minutes I was already sitting back up with new wrap and my shirt as Abby listed out my restrictions.

"No running, lower amount of any and all physical exercise, no lifting either."

"Gosh doc, all I'm hearing is that I'm bed bound." Abby rolled her eyes before continuing.

"Make sure someone is within shouting distance if you get in the shower," that one didn't make sense and was totally random but okay, "and finally, no fighting."

"Like verbally?" My heart slowed at the thought of not being able to spar and regain some skills I lost during the wait-out at the mountain.

"Physically. If I say you can't run or lift, do you really think I'm going to let you fight?" I groaned and flopped back down on the bed to Abby's disliking. "I know you don't like it, but give it four days and then I think I'll be able to pull the stitches out and you can do whatever your heart desires. Okay?"

"Fine." What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

"You two out there hear that?" My head snapped to the door that I didn't even clock was open.

"Loud and clear." Great, now I know my dad is going to put me on bed rest, but whose the oth- oh.

"Don't worry Dr. Griffin, I'll tie her to a bed if necessary." My dad raised an eyebrow as I groaned and hit my forehead. Abby no doubt was looking at this exchange amused.

"Good. Well, Marcus, let's let this two talk. You and I both know he's been waiting for a while." Abby walked to my father who went to protest but a sharp nudge shut him up.

"Fine." I heard him grumble and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"So, how are you feeling?" I rolled my eyes and scooted over on the bed patting a space for him to come sit.

"I feel great, I could probably kick your ass twice before I was even sweating." Bellamy let out a laugh as he sat down beside me, our backs against the wooden frame. His combat boots on the floor as he brought his sock-clad feet out in front of him.

"I'm sure you could." I nudged him as I heard his sarcasm lacing his statement.

"This is crazy." I whispered looking down at my hands.

"I know, but we'll figure it out. Together." I leaned my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around my waist, laying his own head on mine.

"Promise?"

"Always."

"Even if always is only for tomorrow?" I looked up at him as he looked down at me, a smile on his lips as he stared.

"Even then."