Chapter 41:- Into The Unown-Part 1

Почніть із самого початку

Charles stared at him with a mouthful of pancake. "You're kidding, right? That little fuck—"

Bethany squatted him again.

"That little stupid is the most spoilt person on this planet! You hate him, why are you sticking up for him?"

Gary frowned. We were friends in the nightmare, dummy. He told himself.

"Yeah yeah, we aren't friends." He sighed.

Charles sighed again, "I swear that James will kill himself to save his ass."

"But it's unethical," Bethany sat down next to them.

"Don't you know them? Chris screws up and James is there to cover for him. It's so..."

Bethany sympathized with him, she put his hand over his affectingly.

"They chose a new Kalos Queen," he read the headline.

"Cool, is it Serena?"

Charles looked up with surprise, he exchanged glances with Bethany, worry was etched deep in their eyes.

"Who's Serena?" He asked.

"Van Black?" He took another bite.

Charlus jaw dropped open. "Fuzzball, where did you hear the name, Van Black?"

Gary squeezed his eyes shut. He did it again, he was having a hard time distinguishing between reality and the awful nightmare.

"Nothing, forget it," he sighed.

His father was still pretty strung up but his mother gave him her 'it'll be okay' glance which somehow made everything better.

"Did you hear?" Bethany drank her juice, "there was an explosion in Cedar city."

"Was it a team rocket?" Asked Gary subconsciously.

This was the last straw for both Charlus and Bethany. Both of them stared at Gary, their eyes unfocused with the worry of the utmost level. His mother put down her glass with a thump and reached for his hand, squeezing it for support.

"Sweetheart," she said with worry, "Sweetheart."

"What? What's wrong?" He asked with a mouthful of pancakes.

Charlus rubbed his forehead, "Fuzzball, where did you hear the name?"

"Team Rocket?"

Both of them gasped in surprise.

"Are... are they trying to recruit him?" Asked her in a worried voice.

Charles vigorously shook his head, "They're gone, we killed them all," his voice was slow but still audio to Gary's ears.

"But... how does he... know?"

Charles looked up to face him. "How do you know those names, fuzzball?"

"I... I... I had a nightmare."

"A nightmare? Do you expect us to believe that?" Bethany interrogated, the sweetness in her voice was slipping away.

"Um yeah?" He said, "why would I lie?"

"Maybe because this won't be the first time," His father's voice had a hint of anger in it.

"Why... when did I lie?"

Both of them scoffed. "Don't act as if you don't know,"

"I don't know!"

His parents shared another meaningful glance before Bethany stood up. She traveled to his seat, hovering over him, Gary gulped in fear.

A wave of awe took over Gary as Bethany raised her arm. Gary cried in horror as her slap burned across his cheek.

"Tell us!" His father roared.

That was the moment when Gary realized, this was the nightmare. The one he'd woken up was the reality with a few down moments.

"You're not my mother!" He stood up.

"Don't be ridiculous," Bethany vexed, "who else would I be?"

Gary scoffed, "My mother could never be as vile as you!"

He screamed as he tried to find his way out of the house. He finally knew what secret ingredient was missing from the pancakes...

It was reality.

He saw the purple colors as soon as he stepped out of the door.

He had stepped into the unown.

He had to save Dawn.