Ch. 11: Pass or Fail

Start from the beginning

Soon, we resume back to the introductions when Mr. Kaka points to me.

"Last one."

Kakashi's POV

I gaze towards the last student waiting for her to start.

"Yellow hello, my name is f/n l/n. What I like is playing my ukulele, eating sweets, hanging out with my friends and (your likes). My hobby is singing, cooking, reading and (your hobby). What I hate are people who judge others without getting to know them and (your hate). Finally, my dream for the future is to be the best kunoichi there is and to be the greatest friend to everyone." She ended with a cute smile, lightening up the mood a little.

Everyone stares at her in mixed emotions. One, slightly ashamed, the other two curious with hints of blush on their cheeks. I can feel my cheeks flushing red, it's a good thing my mask is on, but I can't help but scrutinize the two boys secretly.

'What am I doing?! She's a kid, and I am an adult. I should not be feeling this way towards her. But, she is different. Can't wait to test her skills tomorrow.'

"Good, you're each unique and you have your own ideas. You'll have our first mission tomorrow."

"What kind of mission are we going to have?" Naruto asked me.

"It's a task that the five of us will do together."

"What, what, what, what, what?!"

"A survival exercise." I revealed.

"Huh?! Survival exercise?!"

"I thought we were supposed to have a real mission. Not more practice." This time Sakura stated. "We already did this stuff at the academy, that's how we got here."

"This is not like your previous training."

"So uh, what kind of training is it then?"

I started to laugh which confuses everyone except one. I take a peek at y/n seeing she is very neutral about it.

"Hey, hold on. That's a normal question. What's so funny?"

"Well, if I tell you the answer, you're not going to like it~"

"Huh?"

"Of the 27 graduates who just came here. Only nine will actually be accepted as Genin. The other eighteen will be weeded out and sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it pass/fail test. And the chance that you'll fail is at least 66%." I explained.

Just as I expected, three of them have a shock look on their faces. Y/n's is still neutral about the whole ordeal.

'Hm...' I raise my brow. "See? Didn't I tell you, you wouldn't like it?"

"That's crazy! We worked hard to get here, believe it! What was that graduation test for anyway?!" Naruto yelled out.

"Oh that. That was just to select the candidates who might become Genin, or not."

"Whaaat?!"

"That's how it is. I decide whether you pass or fail. Be at the designated spot at 5 A.M. and bring your ninja gear." I instructed them. I stand up on the railing and turn around. "That's it, you're dismissed. Oh, tomorrow you better skip breakfast, or else you'll puke." I said as I looked over my shoulder to see their reactions.

Y/n doesn't seem scared or angry at all. She got me even more interested until I saw her e/c eyes start glowing f/c.