Ch. 6: It's a Doggy and Buggy World Out There

Start from the beginning

"Hey wait a minute!" He shouted after me with his eyes fully white and followed me inside.

Kiba's POV

"All right Akamaru, you know what to do?"

"Ruff!"

"Okay, go find her!"

With that, he ran off to find y/n. You see, we both got a whiff of what her scent smells like on the first day she showed up to class. I made up a plan on how I can get to know her by using what all the girls love, puppies. Always works like a charm. After I waited for 20 minutes, my nose picks up their scent nearby and I quickly put up my "dog searching act".

"Akamaru! Where are you bud?!" *Whistle* I quickly squat down and look under a bush.

"Ahem, you looking for someone?" She asked with her attractive voice.

'All right, just like you rehearsed.' I thought with a smirk.

"Yeah I am. By any chance-"

As I stand up, I turn around and see the goddess herself holding my dog.

'She's so pretty up close...' I thought with a lovestruck look on my face.

Quickly, I snap out of it and "joyously" call out "Akamaru!"

Akamaru jumps out of her arms and lands on mine while licking my face.

I continued to act, "Thanks for finding him y/n!"

After she told me it was no problem and blah blah blah, she made a joke towards the end in which I pay attention to. I laugh and gave her my offer of letting her hold onto Akamaru whenever she wants.

'Which will get me even closer to her..' I thought proudly with a mental pat in the back.

But soon that backfired when she immediately takes Akamaru from me and gives her attention to him instead!

'Darn it! Maybe the charm is too much.' I thought sulkily.

Then, my ears pick up to what she said about him being the "most handsome one," my eyes turn fully white in disbelief and jealousy.

I turn around and ran after her with a "Hey wait a minute!"

When we arrived to the classroom, y/n returned Akamaru to me but, not before saying thank you and calling me "Triangles" again.

"When will you stop calling me that?" I ask with a bit of annoyance.

She jokingly replies, "When you paint another shape on your face."

With a wink, she walks away.

'She's got spunk. I like her even more.'

With a smirk, I praise my dog with his reward of doggy treats.

"Great job Akamaru!"

"Ruff!"

Time skip

Your POV

I returned Akamaru to Kiba after thanking him for holding his dog. I noticed that Iruka Sensei hasn't show up yet which means class hasn't start. Right now, I am picking which seat I can sit on since Naru still hasn't shown up either. My e/c eyes roam around until I spotted an empty seat next to a familiar bug user. I walk up to him and stop right there. His head turns to me, my guess is curiously.

"This seat taken?" I ask him kindly.

He didn't say anything for a few minutes until I heard a monotone "No."