I loathe you (Chapter11)

Chapter 11

The wind slapped against my face as I tried to cling onto Blaze's left talon. He wobbled around and I knew he wanted the signal. I heard him shriek so I pointed my sword straight out. He threw me down and burst into fire. He took off towards the water. I saw the first target and flew feet first at it, crashing the big wooden post to smithereens.

I got up dusting off dirt and saw a gust of dust. Blaze flew to my side and I smiled. "Perfect!"

The training beach was empty. It felt better that way, since I'd returned

I hadn't spoken to anyone. They were all traitors no matter what. I especially swore not to speak to Edmund, he was the whole reason I'd suffered and lost all faith in my own sister.

I sighed as Blaze nudged me from behind. I picked up his reins and led him out of the beach. Passing by, so many familiar faces that I wish I hadn't known. The battle was coming soon.

I entered the tent, I'd insisted on being alone. Nothing could give me the compassion to forgive them. To think I'd actually betrayed them!!!!

I sighed, snapping out of it, I was betrayed and after this battle I don't know where I'd go.

---

The day went by fast. I'd spent most of it training. I didn't want to run into anyone, so after supper I retreated to the woods with Blaze. I had his brush so I’d have something to do. I brushed him slowly, in awe of the beautiful sunsets.

The dim orange light peeked through the pine tree needles, into a ray of color shining through the forest. I saw were the light hit, it sparkled a little.

I wandered down to it, Blaze grunted and followed me. I picked it up slowly and it was a necklace. It had a heart shape, it was a deep gold. I opened it, it was a locket. Inside was a picture. It was of a lovely woman. She had dark Ginger curls, a light amber eye color. Her smile touched my heart. The essence of the smile was untarnished. Who was she?

I suddenly heard a low growl from behind, I turned seeing.... Drong!?

"What are you doing here!?" I screamed. Blaze turned beside me.

"You idiot! I've come to finish you off!" he sneered.

"But your dead!"

"Doesn't seem so... Dear."

I felt my heart beating, I pinched Blaze /Get help/

He flew off.

I turned but Drong leaped high in the air, I had forgotten my sword!!!

I punched him as best I could, making him stumble. He was back on his paws and he leaped up scratching deep into my stomach. I felt my stomach scream in pain. I tried to counter him by throwing rocks. But he had pinned me down. I looked up helplessly as his claws deepened into my shoulders.

I opened my mouth to let out a pained shriek. It was cut off by another. An arrow sliced through the air  hitting him in the heart. He fell and I looked up at ....Lydia.

--- 

I woke in the hospital tent for a third time now. Everyone was in there, Rilian, Caspian, Lydia, Peter, and Edmund. I felt Lucy bind me up and the pain slowly eased under her medicine. I gasped raising my head up as if my whole body was healed. I saw them all staring. Some had remorse in there eyes, others pity, and some hid their expressions.

I gather myself up, ignoring Lucy's warning about my injuries. I left the tent, leaving them all behind. I couldn't face them. Not after what they'd done to me. I don't know how I would ever face them again.

I took a deep breath and hugged myself again, as the wind picked up in the Far East.

I heard someone come up beside me, "Hi Edmund." I said, dryly.

"Chilly, eh?" he grinned, rubbing his own hands together.

I gave a wary nod, trying not to look at him for too long. He suddenly disappeared back into the tent, and came out with a shawl. He wrapped it around me.

I felt my heart throb, in more fear, then flattery.

"Wanna take a walk?" he asked.

"Fine...I guess." I mumbled through gritted teeth.

He led the way to the wood. I felt my heart stop, that's where Drong had attacked me and where I'd dropped the necklace. Would I be able to look for it without him noticing?

I walked to the small stream where the pine trees over hung, the moonlight peeking through the branches. Every tense muscle in my body relaxed and I was able to look at the light and know who I was. I let my gaze be led by the light to a spot on the ground. And there it was....the necklace.

I nonchalantly slipped down and tucked it into my sleeve, the shawl being perfect cover.

Edmund looked at me, I was afraid he'd noticed but he just asked, "Why do you like it here? It's so silent and eerie."

I smirked, "Getting nervous, are we?"

"Nothing I can't handle." he muttered back.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I like the silence, the peace, the stream, the light through the pines, the place where I can be me."

He looked at me for a moment, trying to comprehend my words. I could tell he was having a tough time by the way his brow scrunched up. "You’re different."

"Different." I repeated confused, "Based on what facts." I felt a bit hurt, did he mean because I was Ginian?

"You have more of an iron back bone then most girls...you don't seem afraid of anything....and I've recently discovered your very bold." Edmund smiled

I felt relief spread through my body, I suddenly was relaxed enough to lean against the pine tree nearest to the light of the moon. I pulled my legs closer to me, running them over with my fingers. I let out a small sigh.

"You are...so....beautiful..." came his soft voice.

I looked up and said, "What?"

"Nothing." Edmund said, quickly.

He sat down next to me, his legs spread out in the dirt, he sighed and looked around. "So....." he added.

"You’re nothing like I expected either." I chimed in, before he made things awkward.

"You ignore me, and then when I am most vulnerable you start to show me you care again. Your ignorant in the best way, and you think that your my king." I added pointing my finger at him as he turned to face me.

"I guess we do know each other, then." he smiled, sheepishly

I tried to return the smile, but I urged myself further. Like I was possessed, looking deep into his brown eyes, brimming in the moonlight. I let my forehead touch his and I stared at him like what felt like years but was only seconds.

He didn't pull away though or even blink away my gaze. He surprised me a great deal.

I didn't expect his next move though. His fingers lightly nudged my chin as he nudged me into a kiss. For the first time, I didn't pull away I just held on as long as I could. He closed his eyes and the kiss lasted barely 30 seconds.

We pulled apart and I looked at him a bit more before giving a tiny smile.

He sat up better and wrapped his arms around me. I let myself doze off the only thought in my head was....

Woah.