May I have this dance? (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6

I walked around as I waited for Edmund, Caspian, and the other Narnians to arrive from Ginia. Who knows what could've happened? I sat on a rock a lingering feeling lying at the bottom of my heart, it was like nothing I'd really felt before. Maybe it had to do with finally belonging to something and making a difference.

I heard horses in the distance; I got to my feet and ran over to where the sounds were coming from. Rilian signaled for me to follow. I ran after him and saw Caspian and Edmund riding in on horses. Several other Narnians rode behind them.

"They said yes!" Caspian exclaimed excitedly.

I felt a rush of relief, if they had said no I would have had an issue....Thank you Juliet! I though knowing her influence had highly put forth this plan. I felt another feeling, pride in my geniusness!

I walked over to congratulate them when rush of girls crushed me over head. "Ugh." I muttered as I was shoved out of the way by Edmund's fan club. I saw Helena at the front, batting her eyelashes at him. She reminded me of Juliet. Lucky me.

I decided to celebrate with l Lydia, so I walked down to the beach where she was relaxing in the water her tail shining in the moonlight. She smiled as I slid in beside her, "We won!" I smiled back.

"I knew we would." she said keeping her head up high.

--

I looked through the trunk in the tent I shared with Lucy and Lydia. I had to find the perfect dress; it had to show everyone I would have made a better leader then Juliet. Searching through the trunk I found several nice-ish dressed but I needed something that was WOW. But suddle, so I could stick through with the heist.

 "Looking for something." I heard the voice and turned.

"Oh! Hey Peter" I smiled, "I was just looking for a dress."

Peter nodded, "Come on."

I narrowed my eyes, but followed him to the tent he slept in.

Peter disappeared behind some linen sheets acting as walls, in the larger tent.

I heard moving and lifted my eyes if he'd gotten the dress. But it wasn't Peter, it was Edmund and he was...dressing?!

I screamed, and then he immediately followed my scream with a scream, he dove behind the bed in the center of the room.

Peter came into the room laughing his head off; I slowly began to erupt in laughter at the whole incident.

"How is any of this funny?!" Edmund demanded from his hiding place.

"I...I...I'm sorry!" I choked out catching my breath, laughter still heavy,

"Come on Cassandra!" Peter motioned taking me behind the sheets. I followed him and saw a lot of dresses lined up on a small sofa.

"Woah..." I breathed, "Where did you get them?" I picked up a beautiful white one; it had golden lace weaving around it. It reminded me of an old dress I wore to bed every night. I had never worn it out of the bedroom though because father wouldn't allow it.

"There all so gorgeous...." I continued looking at each with slow, thoughtful looks.

I picked through them and finally decided on the white one, if I did see Juliet tonight...it would show her.

(~.~)

I rode along on a strong black horse, Lydia galloped along beside me on a beige one with darker brown spots. We were just behind the Kings and Queens of Narnia. The plan was simple; Try to participate in the ball until 2 hours before sunset, while the ladies are being married off and then get the plans on another paper or scroll. Then get out of the castle and back to the camp