5 days (Chapter 13)

Chapter 13

"Cassandra!"

"CAS!"

"Cassandra."

I felt frustration rise in me as I looked at the 100 soldiers I'd been assigned to train for battle. They were yelling, complaining, and wondering what they should do. I only had Henry to help me. I looked around at the disorganized group and looked at Henry as he tried to get a young dwarf to hold the sword right.

I though back, far back. to when I'd watched Ginia train. They trained in divisions, and not just arm divisions. The divisions of skill levels, I pondered on it for a quick moment, before a sword came flying at me and I ducked just in time he sword hitting a tree.

I looked up and saw a minator glaring at me with a humiliated face.

I sighed, if I didn't come up with something soon, these soldiers would kill me. I had to think through it more, we'd already wasted half the morning,

I called an early mid-day break, it gave me about an hour to think things through. I headed to the woods, the necklace around my neck. I hadn't thought much about the necklace since my little escape with Edmund. There was a lot I had to think about, and the soldiers I had to train was at the top of my list right now.

I walked over to the woods, were the pines were most thick except for the cracks between the leaves were the sun shone through dimly. Giving the ground, a light autumn colored glow. The leaves nestled around my feet as I made my way to my favorite stone, it was larger then a regular stone. It leaned against one of the biggest pine trees and was in the middle of were the sun shone brightest in the dim forest.

I leaned up against it, sitting down, I let my mind drift back to my soldiers. Then Ginia popped into my mind. Okay...

Three skill levels

1. Sharp Sword

2. In need of polishing

3. Dull sword

With these three levels it would be easy to train the 100 men I'd have to have trained by the end of there 5 days. For the rest of the day, Henry and I would evaluate them all today. Hopefully, four days would be enough to train every single soldier in these three divisions.

I heard the horn coming through the air. Mid-day meal was over! I jumped to my feet and ran back to the training beach, I panted and Henry stared at me in amusement.

"No time!" I panted, "Okay. LISTEN UP PEOPLE!" I screamed as the soldiers groggily started stalking back toward the beach. "For the rest of today, Henry and I are going to evaluate everyone and separate you into three groups!"

No one seemed thrilled....then again they never looked thrilled.

I started at one end and Henry at the other, the day flew by as we separated every soldier into the three divisions. We barely finished as night fall came. Luckily, there were only about 20 were dull swords, they'd need the most attention.

Henry would teach the first 2 divisions and I would teach the last division. That's what our plan was for tomorrow.

I walked back into camp were all the people were getting into there tents, and I sighed. I had to gather in the main tent and discuss battle plans with the other Kings and Queens. I felt my stomach growl, I'd forgotten to eat, since I'd spent mid-day thinking. I wondered if the food tent wasn't locked up yet.

I ran in and saw a fawn, she smiled. "Didn't see you some in mid-day."

"I was really busy...Could I possibly..." I didn't finish, she took out a plate, and in it was a loaf of bread, a cooked piece of fish, and corn. She also handed me a flask of freshly squeezed oranje juice.

"Thank you!" I beamed.

I headed out of the food tent and started my walk out to the main tent.

My stomach suddenly flipped, as I thought of Edmund...once again.

I hadn't spoken to him since the whole 'Henry' thing, or more accurately since he'd taken Juliet back to Ginia. I knew Juliet, she must have told him something, or maybe kissed him?!

At the thought I tripped over my food coming down with me, I felt the pain in my heart overwhelm every inch of me. I felt like crying, partially because my food was gone and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

I held in the tears though as I got up and slowly deposited of the dirty food in a nearby waste barrel. I shook my head, now wasn't the time. I ran to the main tent were not many had arrived.

Only Caspian and Rilian, "Where's Lydia?" I asked them as I walked in. I sat down at the small 2 chair table towards the back of the tent.

"She turned in early, but we didn't really need her consent, she's already been placed with the C regiment which Peter is leading to attack the east wing of Ginian regement at 2:30." Rilian said, reading some of my times on the scroll.

As he finished his sentence, Edmund walked in. I looked over and he caught my gaze, for barely a heartbeat. My heart was beating faster then Blaze's wings, so many emotions streaming from my brain. It took all my self-control to stay in my chair.

"Cassandra...you will go attack the west wing of the Ginian regiment at 2:30 with Rilian, and the ....A regiment...hmmm.." Caspian seemed to be thinking before he said.

"Oh and ...E" he mumbled.

My heart beat so fast it was about to explode; Don't say Edmund! Don't say Edmund! Don't say Edmund!

Suddenly, Peter walked in and Lucy behind him. He whisked off over to Rilian.

"Lucy will go with you and Rilian...You'll lead the A regiment." Caspian finished.

"Henry is going to go with Lydia and Peter. Edmund, you'll come with me, and we will lead the C regiment, to attack the third Ginian regiment that will probably arrive shortly after our attack.

Edmund gave a quick nod, and I felt myself let out a sigh of relief. Everyone turned and looked at me.

I gave an awkward smile and then said, "I'm going to turn in then..."

I got up before any opposition was raised and quickened my pace until I was out of the tent.

But I felt an arm grab my shoulder and I spun around to face Edmund, I felt my heart stop. Everything seemed to disappear as he stared at me with those spectacular eyes.

"I talked to Juliet." he said, sounding mystified.

I felt tears rushing, I felt my entire body tremble, I held it all back. It took all my strength to keep a straight face as he went on.

"She seems sorry this is all happening. I feel bad she has to see her father do this to a whole nation. She told me she feels really bad." he continued.

I felt my legs give way but I stood up and felt a shutter then thoughts rushed through my head.

"Your just like everyone else." I said, barely a whisper. But I know he heard.

I turned and walked straight into my lone tent.

That's where the tears fell and fell and fell......

Juliet had won...AGAIN!

She'd made herself more important then me in every way, she'd made Edmund think of her in a better way then me. I couldn't keep my anger in as I tore the blankets from my bed an begun cutting them with swords.

Juliet had ruined my life, and after I'd left my own home she'd found a way to reach me.

Everything I ever loved was stripped away by that monster!

I  was the one that was always forgotten, the least important princess.

And now I knew it was true, because no matter where I went or who I met, I would never match Juliet or beat Juliet...