I would never tell (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5

Cassandra's POV

I felt a large nudge that I fell off my bunk. I had been in the Ginian prison all night. They had changed me into worn out gown. Even though it only covered my private areas. Even Ginians had some class, the material was rough and dirty and you could see my stomach and all four of my limbs in great clarity.

 I felt myself being pulled forward. My hands were tied to ropes and they had been all night, so it would be easier to tie me to the roof. I felt myself being dragged as they heaved me up, and I saw they were motioning to the triangular shaped block in the center of the room. I heard other prisoners moaning or whistling, since they'd probably never seen a female in so long or so poorly dressed.

I reluctantly kicked over my leg onto the other side of the triangular block. Then they tied up my hands to the roof, on medal rings already installed up there. It was the usual set up, except they hadn't attached the cannonballs. Probably thinking I'd crack before then, I was basically hanging from the roof with either leg on the opposite sides of the block. I could already feel the circulation in my arms being cut off and it stung.

I heard the door open the close. My father walked in and sat down on a chair especially for the executor. I stared him down, my eyes like two well sharpened swords.

He began calmly, "Since you are my daughter, I will start you with...If you agree to talk now, it'll save you."

I warily shook my head, and he just grunted, clicking his fingers, they started tying a heavy weight against my ankles. I felt my body stretch down and I let out a howl of pain as my pelvic bone grinded with the wood.

I pulled myself up with the rope as easily as I could. I closed my eyes and threw my head back to block the pain from my mind.

"So where is the camp?" came the first question.

I didn't answer, I felt the weight heave on my feet and I was hauled down forcefully, another blow and I could feel a wound opening up, as the block cut though me like a knife through butter.

Lydia's POV

I slinked through the forest until I reached the Ginian fountains.

-They won't help her but I will- I growled at myself. No one was going to kill my sister if I had something to say about it.

 I snuck into the castle easily, they were obviously preparing for something big, because no one even noticed me. I slipped into the dungeon and heard my father's voice.

I took out my bow and put an arrow in it; I slid it back and aimed at one of the men who were weighing down her feet. BAM!

I got him right in the head. My father got up and looked around and while he was I slit the other weigher, then I gashed my father's foot with an arrow buying minutes of time.

I slunk into the open and untied her hands bringing her down gently. She was incredibly frail so I was able to get her arm around my should and heave her out, I dropped her down and heard yelling in the dungeon my father had probably just realized what was going on.  But I slammed the large door shut and moved the wooden piece to lock it tight.

I grabbed Cassandra again and made my way to the stables which was luckily, near the dungeon.

Cassandra was waking up and I could hear soldiers in the distance, so I got one of the horses and pried him up and kicked the door open. I kicked one leg over the big brown horse then brought Cassandra up in front of me. She leaned against me a bit as I rode forward a bit freeing myself and her from the stable and all Ginian hands.