The Chronicles of Narnia: Untold Stories

Prologue

Cassandra woke up in her velvet bed, the sun shone through the tall glass window. It left beautiful shadows on the mahogany floor. I slowly got to my feet and headed to the wardrobe to pick out my pink robe. I was so excited; me and Lydia would be meeting our new sister Juliet today. Daddy had just gotten married and I was very excited. Lydia was still sleeping in the equally large and velvety bed on the opposite side of the room. Her bed was damp; she must have been in the tub last night. I wish I would have stayed up with her. My hazel hair flowed down to about the middle of my back. There were blonde highlights at the bottom. They glistened in the sun, a smile spread across my face. As Princess, I could do whatever I wanted, everyday was an adventure. Of course Lydia was always by my side...wheel chair or legs I loved her more than any old sister. I sat on one of the couches near the window and picked out a book form the book case called 'Aslan'. The story of the great lion that fascinated me deeply, I sat to read and wait for Lydia to wake so we could head to breakfast together.

Lydia awoke with a start. She breathed heavily, but calmed when she saw me. I knew her thoughts by her gaze; Our father had just gotten married and I'm very happy for him, but along came another sister who we were going to meet today. 

She's had bad feelings ever since he got married. And that was what I could hear her muttering in her sleep at night. Her. Our new sister. I sighed. She saw me reading a book. One of our favorites, it was about Aslan. We longed to see him one day, but everyone always thought we were a bunch of nut-cases. Lydia's blue-green eyes search the room. Light struck in from the windows and made a beautiful light on my sister.

Lydia's POV

Morning," I spoke. I let my hair down from my pony tail. It fell down to my back. It was a little shorter than my sister's, though. But what was really strange, to other people that is, is I had a blue stripe that went down the side of my hair like a highlight.

I heard Cassandra yelling for me to hurry to breakfast. "Lydia hurry!" she bounced around excitedly. We were only 10.

"Coming Cass!" I shouted. I got up from my bed slowly and walked over to my wardrobe. I opened it and looked around. I picked a simple blue dress with white patterns on it. I walked over to Cassandra.

"Ready," I told her with a fake smile. My eyes wandered to my wheel chair. It was a special wheel chair, just for me. You see, I had a mermaid tail, yes I was a mermaid. I didn't necessarily hate it was actually sort of fun. Even when I had legs I couldn't stay out of the water. The issue was my father was King of Ginia, the revolution had only just begun and now one of his daughter's was a Narnian. But he didn't know, no one did, only Cassandra and my mother. But mother passed away 4 years ago, so only Cassandra knew. I rode around in a wheelchair all day and by night, in the moonlight a beautiful blue and silver tail would appear.

"Let's go then!" Cassie chirped. I got into the chair and let her push me out of the room. We rode along the corridor giggling as Cassandra bumped the chair around towards the Grand Hall. We stopped in the door way seeing the two new faces at the table; a short woman with squinty eyes and dirty blonde hair in a bun. Her lips were like two thin strings. The little girl about our age beside her had long dirty blonde hair and large blue eyes. I couldn't take my eyes off the lady though, she looked so old....

Cassandra's POV

I wheeled Lydia into her usual spot and sat down beside her. Chef Andres brought out a breakfast platter. My favorites; crepes with chocolate slabbed in the middle, a banana, scrambled eggs and a glass of orange juice.

King Franklin (Daddy) looked over at us, "This is Queen Saraphina, and Princess Juliet." he grinned motioning toward the two new faces at the table.