2. Twoset Chemistry

Comincia dall'inizio

"The tictac wrecked my material. That's why I'm starting all over again.

"What, your starting material?? Oh sh*t, what a setback, I'm so sorry to hear that."

Eddy smiled.

"It's okay. I was getting to a point where I knew had to make a new batch sometime soon. Anyway, thanks for this, now are you sure you're not gonna miss it till I finish with it? I'll need it for 7 hours' reaction time plus time for it to cool down and work up.  That would be...  like till tomorrow ?"

"No, I'm good, just running NMRs today, oh sh*t, My time slot is due.  Here"

Brett takes out the magnet and places it into Eddy's hand.

"Great, thanks. I owe you one. Coffee at 8:30?"

"Sounds great, see ya then"

And Brett ran out the lab, down the stairs to the NMR room, still in his pink lab coat.

"Hey Eddy, sorry I'm late. The next guy didn't show so I took advantage of the opportunity to run a couple more extra spectrums"

Brett was slightly out of breath upon arrival at the cafe where he was supposed to meet Eddy 15 minutes ago. 

"Spectra"

".. Ok, plural. Geez who the hell says spectra, you knew what I meant.  Are you pissed that I'm late?"

"Huh?  Oh no, no no, it's ok, I just got here myself" Eddy lied as he looks up from his phone he'd been staring at for the last 20 minutes. Then Eddy smiled. 

"Dude, you really do look cute in that."

Brett realised he was still wearing his lab coat. The colour of Brett's face changed to match the colour of the lab coat. 

"Will ya stop it with that cr*p."

"Don't worry about it, you're not the only one with a lab coat on around here"

Eddy sat up proudly as he tugged on the collars of his lab coat. 

"Yeah, sure.  But you do realise we're the only ones with pink labcoats...!"

Eddy looked around and shrugged.

"Hmm.  Oh well, I guess it all makes it more special, aye ?"

There he goes again.

They were in one of the coffee shops on the university campus, the one closest to the science/engineering faculty.  Here they were surrounded by a herd of Asian engineering/science students.   Naturally quite a few of them would rock up in their lab coats to grab a quick coffee.  Brett and Eddy could have easily blended into the rest of them if it wasn't for their fluorescent pink lab coats, highlighting their presence amongst the otherwise rather drab looking sea of engineering and science students.

They didn't care though.

Together they sat and chatted while they enjoyed their morning coffees. They would talk about everything and anything, being best friends since meeting for the first time in their first year chemistry laboratory class.

"Hey Brett, remember how we first met at uni ?"

"Yeah, of course I do"