Chapter 67

Kiara's disappearance became a secret held between Simba, Nala and the Lion Guard. They all agreed it wouldn't be the best thing for the Pride Landers to know that their own future queen was in peril while they all slept soundly. As promised the night before, the Lion Guard to it upon themselves to keep an eye on Kiara from a distance, allowing her to have her freedom, but being close by to spring at any sign of danger.

Nala and Simba both carried out their usual routines as if nothing had changed at all. While the Queen was off managing the lioness, Simba was standing on Pride Rock, looking over the expansive land. Though his appeared to be focused, the king's mind was ablaze with several thoughts all at once. To think that his daughter snuck away right under his nose all the way to the Outlands. Anything could have happened out there. He was grateful to his son to an extent for bringing his sister back home safe and sound. During the night, he thought of his mate's words and considered that there may be some truth. But this was a very uncertain time for the king and so many things seemed to be happening all at once.

Kiara disappeared last night and had to be rescued, Bunga was still missing with no signs of where he went or where he could be, and now the wicked lioness Zira had resurfaced after so long. Hearing her name last night sent a chill down the king's spine. As the king of the Pride Lands, Simba felt that he was responsible for protecting his family and his subjects. It seemed that the stakes and danger only grew higher and higher which each day.

The king took a deep breath and reassured himself that he was not alone in his efforts. He had the support of the remaining Lion Guard members along with the wisdom of Rafiki as well. But there was an issue with that as well. The mandrill had been very reclusive lately, spending most of his time in the hollow. Simba just hoped that the mjuzi was closer finding the solution they needed.

The mandrill in question was exhausting many of his resources, trying to find a way to prevent the prophecy from coming true. But try as he might, none of his methods brought any results. Rafiki felt the weight of the Pride Lands' future on his shoulders, but still continued knowing that he must at the least try everything he can. For the last two days he tried things such as wind readings, fruit splatters and counting the feathers felt behind in nests. But none of them gave him a sign of an alternate path for their future. Still, Rafiki didn't give up. He couldn't explain why but he felt like that was another path of fate, he just had to find something that would bring a change to the world. Feeling a bit tired, Rafiki figured that he should relax but a bit and meditate, hoping that the answer could possibly lie there.

Kiara had returned to Pride Rock, leaving the Lion Guard to return to the lair. Inside Beshte and Ono were laying on the stone floor, taking a break from trailing behind the princess all morning. But Fuli was pacing and forth.

The cheetah was thinking about her current situation; Kiara was safe and sound, but Bunga was still missing without any trace of where he could be. The Lion Guard was now just a group of three and the cheetah felt more and more pressure on her shoulder with each knew strange event that had been happening lately. She was aware that the king and queen were looking to Rafiki for guidance on what to do, but Fuli thought that was foolish. The longer they stood are waiting for some kind of sign to fall out of the sky, the more crazy things were gonna happen and Fuli was sure something big was gonna happen soon, something too big for them to handle.

The cheetah stomped her paw on the ground. "Beshte! Ono! We're going to the Outlands!"

"The Outlands? Fuli, what are you taking about?" Ono flapped closer to the cheetah with a confused look on his face. Beshte slowly got up with a yawn and slowly walked closer to Fuli as well.

"We're gonna go out there, find Bunga and take down Kion before the prophecy comes true. We can't just sit around here all day!" Fuli stated, already turning around to leave the cavern.

"Fuli... I don't think that's a good idea," Beshte said, lowering his ears. "We don't even know where Little B is, let alone if he is in the Outlands."

Ono nodded in acknowledgement of the hippo's words. "Fuli... A plan like this is doomed to fail. Fighting Kion with the Roar is gonna be a losing fight. A fight against the Roar and the hyena clan would be suicide."

"Ugh!" Fuli growled, knowing internally that they were making good points. "Fine, I'll go there myself!" Before Beshte and Ono could stop her, the cheetah was already racing off.

Who am I kidding? Fuli growled to herself as she raced through the savanna. They're right, this plan is stupid!

But the cheetah continued to run through the land, taking the chance to finally burn off the anger she was holding onto. It started when Kion disappeared, leaving them alone without a leader. Eventually she had to step up and lead the Lion Guard herself whether she was ready or not. Then came Bunga throwing himself at Kion without thinking and getting himself hurt. On top of it all, as soon as Bunga was better he ran off. There was no doubt in Fuli's mind that he ran to the Outlands to find Kion. Now the entire Pride Lands had some cryptic prophecy looming over their heads and seemed to be nothing they could do except bide their time until the destruction came.

Despite it seeming like everything was about to fall apart, Fuli kept hope that they could stop it and save the Pride Lands. From what she had heard from the king himself, it was Kion who brought the princess back. That gave Fuli the idea that they could possibly change fate and alter the prophecy. But there was also a feeling within her that considered maybe the princess just got lucky and afforded herself a little more time.