To Snoop or NOT to Snoop! - Part II

• Dedicated to my dear lil sis for making my sentences a bit more sensible ;)

PLZ VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE>>>>

It would make my day :)

Getting out of the room, Zahra laughed till her eyes started to water. She had properly puzzled them, and Demetria must be having an argument with him right now. He had left the watch with her almost a week ago, but she lied to them, saying he left it last night. The rest of day she kept musing about it, feeling quite satisfied with herself, and the world at large.

******SOMEWHERE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD******

A bell rings somewhere. The mystery man’s body guard cum assistant cum mercenary, Jake, stands like a sentry at the door to the huge room with a large table having transparent glass panels. He opens the door where his master is sitting with a cigar in his hand. His feet are propped up on the table. “The informer from that day has come back, sir, with some more information on the girl. Should I send him in?” Jake asks. “I’d be happy to see him. Tell him to come in” his master replies, smiling in the shadows.

The door opens slowly, revealing the short, battered, bald-headed man from before. He is shivering violently. “Come. Sit down. What have you got for me today? Did you get the information I asked for?” the man with the hidden face asks impatiently, when he sees that the man is not budging from the door. “Ye...es” he replies, uncertainly. He comes inside and sits onto the other chair across the table. The chair is quite dusty, like the room itself. “I managed to get only a bit more information. The girl came here, to Clydesville. Most probably, to the capital, Trapeze.”

 “I found out that the girl changed her name, in fact her father did. I don’t know her present name, but her surname begins with an ‘F’. I don’t know what she looks like, because I was not there when she was born. I was once their cook. Something…went bad with a dish and they threw me out. But I have sources who let me know things. And I want to take revenge for the way I was treated, so I tell you. She might be anywhere, for all I know” he finished, breathless. “Anything else?” the man asked, and continued when he saw him nodding his head in a negative answer. “Well…. I must say that you’ve narrowed it quite a lot. As for searching her in Trapeze, it’s not a problem. Pull the drawers on your side of the table. You will see a bundle of currency notes. They are $50,000 like before. If you get any other information about her, do tell me. Another bundle would be waiting for you. You can go now.”

“Hey girl. I think I have a task for you” the mystery man said into his phone, when the bald man was gone. “What am I gonna get in return?” the girl answered, drawling her words in amusement. “Anything you ask for, baby.” “What will I have to do?” she asked. “You need to find someone out, which is quite in your field of expertise. Do you have a girl in your organization whose surname begins with an ‘F’? Well, she might be anywhere in the capital, but we have to start somewhere. Another clue is that she came from India just a few months ago.” “There are quite a number of people matching these clues, it’ll take some time to check. Any other clue?” she asked, her senses getting sharp. “She is a Muslim, I guess. And take all the time you need” he said, contentedly smiling into the phone.   

Trapeze, Clydesville

When Zahra got back to work the next day, she found a note on her desk. ‘A car is waiting for you outside. It’s a black Alfa Romeo. Get into it and ask no questions. You’ll meet one more person in the car. She is one of your colleagues. Asking her anything would be useless because she knows nothing. Just like you. You’ll both know soon enough.’ The note was not signed but it was stamped with the initials M.W., and was printed on a thick, sparkly white sheet of paper.