Excitement to the power Infinity

For a good few minutes, Zahra was utterly speechless. She looked so comical with her eyes wide and her mouth agape that her friend couldn't help laughing at her expense. But after some time, she sobered up a little. Finally, the girl found her voice and asked, "Is that the list they are checking? But, I thought you said we'd got e-mails?!" "Who knows, maybe they are lazy like you or too excited to see their names figuring on the exclusive list of the lucky few," Avi commented sarcastically, her eyes carrying a dreamy expression.

"You're a lucky one, Zee. I mean, that's like the country of the Walworth's... literally! I saw your name on the list when I came here today, and even I couldn't really believe my eyes, they're pretty sharp, you know. It seemed almost too surreal. But, thank god, it's true, Zee. I'm elated for you."

"Why? Is it because you'll finally get rid of me, hmm?" Zahra asked teasingly, when the news had somewhat sunken into her brain. "Oh! I seriously wish I could." She rolled her eyes at her overdramatic comment. "Not gonna happen, honeybun. But, seriously, I can't believe this is happening! To me! My luck's looking up... maybe." Her face fell in gloom. "Don't talk rubbish. Be a little optimistic, alright!" Avi didn't like the uncertainty in her best friend's voice. For a change, something nice was happening to her, godda**it!

"Did you read the... specifications of the job?" "Yeah. You are going there as a trainee for one year. And I think they would be retaining a few of you over there, for good, afterwards. Our side is doing better than them, you know. So, if you are lucky enough, who knows, you might even land yourself a nice-paying post at the headquarters itself! I so envy you girl, you'll even get to see the one and only, 'David Walworth'!!" Zahra threw an empty, drawl look towards Avi. 

"And since you look like you don't know a thing about him, I'll just give you the basic facts. First off, he's the son of Michael Walworth and smokin' hot CEO of our Company," Avi counted upon her fingers. "All the girls here are mad over him. He's a huge trouble magnet. He's not really goody-goody with his father, right now. He's been getting the 'Best Young CEO' award since the last five years. And... he has an exceedingly short fuse."

And at that instant, Zahra knew that an encounter with the guy would be one huge mistake. "There're some cons of you leaving, though." "Really? Such as?" Zahra asked with an eyebrow raised incredulously. "Such as not seeing me for a long, long time." "Oh, I see. I was actually counting that as a blessing, by the way." The girl winked and smirked good-naturedly. "You're just not seeing things in perspective right now. I understand." Her friend shook her head sympathetically. "Okay, doctor, what about the others?"

"We won't be able to discuss Pakistani serials that easily. Calling and texting just can't do, right? We won't be able to hug each other at every cute moment between the hero and the heroine." "Yeah, that'd be such a shame." "Besides all that, there's that 'hot dude', our HR manager, Adam Khan. You won't be able to ogle at him, you poor thing... so sad," Avi clicked her tongue exaggeratedly. "Shut up! It doesn't matter, coz you my dearest, will give me detailed updates whenever you see him in a new handsome get-up, alright." 

"Send me photographs too, sometimes, will ya? That'll be your duty from when I leave," Zahra told her sternly. "I'm not going to bother myself about that. You'll just have to do without the visuals. Do you know... he helped compile the list of people good enough to be sent there? Yeah, babe, you're under his radar." "Wow, I think you just made me feel extra special."