'LOVE' in the times of 'HATE'

Dedicated to my loveliest friends @Sadaf_shaukat n Alisha for just being amazing and for supporting me ALWAYZZZ!! :) The credit to you was due since eternity my dearies!!

PLZ VOTE + COMMENT + PROMOTE

__________

Those words stung David but he didn't say a thing. If only, she knew what her behavior towards him had been, she won't be able to forgive herself, ever. But he resolved to treasure those memories, just to remind him how innocent and cute she looked while asking him those silly questions. Just to remind him that he was not invincible. Just to remind him how unworthy he actually was of her respect or love, if they could ever reach the latter phase in that hate relationship they shared.

He felt it now, how luckless he was. If he couldn't gain her respect ever, his life would hold no meaning to him. "I...I apologize for everything Ms. Fatimah. I know how hollow my apology must seem to you, but I've got nothing else to say. I can never justify myself to you, I know that. Because no words can justify how horrible I've been to you. So, it would be meaningless to waste my breath, I guess."

"Well, I must be going now. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to phone me Ms. Hadley," he said to Laura who nodded quietly. She felt very sorry for the guy. The way Zahra snubbed him, it wasn't really nice. It was very harsh on him, after all that he had done for her. But she couldn't tell her anything about it, because they had been sworn into secrecy by her doctor.

"May you recover your health very soon and resume work at the Office." And with these last parting words, he left the room. "Weren't you a little too hard on him Zee?" Laura asked sadly. "For how many days was I gone that you began to take his side, hunh?" Zahra demanded. "Nobody understands my misery, right? All he has to do is to come up with a sorry face, and everyone begins to pity him. Oh, I get it! Only the rich and powerful win in this world. There is no place for people like me here."

"And the nerve of you to say that I was hard on him. You start calling it injustice, when I just utter one sentence, and that too in a room that's got barely two or three people. Great! Are you really my friend? Because I can't believe you are," Zahra kept ranting with distaste. How could she call that hard when what he did to her was ten times worse?!

"He's hurt me more than I could take, but I never said a word, because I thought it wouldn't happen again. It's been a test of my patience, the way he has treated me. And when after getting fed up, I say one single sentence back at him in answer, you call that hard!"

"I kept quiet because I knew I couldn't say or do anything to make him change. I am just an ordinary girl and he.........he owns almost half the country! Now, where do I stand, tell me that." Tears had sprung to her eyes as she poured out all the pains she had felt and bottled up all these months.

"I'm really sorry Zee. I didn't know how deeply hurt you actually were, because you never showed it. I didn't want to tell you how you got here but the paramedics thing was not true. David was the one who brought you here. In fact, he carried you here, because there was no time to wait for them," Laura said and stopped, in order to see how she reacted to that piece of news.

"Ya Allah!" she cringed, covering her face with her hands. "Why didn't I just die?" "Zee please, don't talk like that, okay," Laura told her soothingly. "I do not want him to touch me again, ever, if I can help it," Zahra replied with decision.