A hasty Revelation...and back to 'Square One'!

Dedicated to musfi1999 for being such an awesome supporter and commenter of 'TGIB' ^_^

Plz VOTE + COMMENT + SHARE

_____

"So, you ready to make that trip? You're still adamant to pay the rent, aren't you?" David asked her on the phone the next day. "Of course! We already discussed on that topic at length, remember? Let me just grab a few things, and I'll be ready," Zahra replied, and a noise of scraping of chairs was heard in the background. "Stubborn girl," he muttered, irritated. "Alright then, meet me at the parking area in five." David felt like holes were being pierced through his pride. He felt small, like those property dealers who bought places only to scrap a steady amount of money from them. 

He would never say it to her face, but he knew Zahra wasn't really rich to afford paying rent of that large apartment, which was more like...a country house. He had lied to her, he didn't have any apartment. Whatever he owned, was big and costly. If she knew the actual rent payable on that piece of furnished land, all her savings would go down the drain. But, it was her whim, and he had to fulfill it, if her safety depended upon it.

Like the day earlier, Zahra sat stuck to the car door the whole time, very much troubled by his proximity, as the pair drove towards the classy area of 6th Avenue. Zahra was stunned to see such grand homes of all the aristocratic class spanning the whole wide area of the Boulevard. She never had the chance to cross this area, and the luxury of it all mesmerized her beyond words. The place seemed like heaven, with its wide streets, shaded alcoves and neatly spaced lawns. 

And then it struck her! What Dave had been talking about, was it actually a 'villa' instead of an apartment? If it was, she would never be able to pay its rent! And, maybe that was why he insisted her not to trouble herself about the money, because he knew she wouldn't be able to afford it in the first place! "Err... is this the right locality? I don't see any apartment buildings over here," Zahra said, doubtfully.

"We're almost there," David told her, when he saw how uneasy she was. "I...I don't think it's a good idea, Dave. Let's just go back. I can't live here, for the life of me, if that's what you have in mind," Zahra replied, stuttering. David chuckled at how scared she looked. "Why? Did something scare you? Don't worry, you'll be fine here. The place has got a tight, round the clock security seven days a week." "That's not what I meant. This is a place for ultra-rich people, not for ordinary people like me. I wouldn't fit in here. And what's worse, I can't even afford to pay the rent!"

"That was why I told you not to worry about the monetary factor. I'm not asking you to pay me any money, either! Just relax, okay. Remember why you agreed to move here. It was for your safety from that creep. And this place...," David gestured to his surroundings with his free hand, "will be the perfect haven for you." "I'll always feel guilty of robbing you, because I'll never stop thinking that I'm just an unwanted intruder on your haven. You must love the place, nobody can feel otherwise. You don't even want to sell it," Zahra replied, being her usual negative self.

"By the way, thank you very much." "Hey, what's with all the 'thank yous', hunh? I'm sure that's what friends are for...helping each other. And you know what, you have a serious problem of low self-esteem. You always feel that you don't deserve anything. Think otherwise, for once. As for me, I think you deserve better than what I'm offering you, I really do! I told you that it was an apartment, because if I had told you it's a villa, you wouldn't have agreed to live there, even in a million years. I really like the place, that's why it's at your service."

"Huh...okay. But I still won't stay there without paying rent," Zahra replied, sighing in defeat. "Arghhh! I feel like smashing my head in a wall right now. Why didn't I know you'd be obstinate like a mule to deal with?!" David had an utterly exasperated look on his face, with his brows drawn together in anger. "You'll have to take the cons with the pros of being my friend, you know." She chuckled, glad to have won even on a small measure.