Heading into trouble

Dedicated to @abihaimran96  for taking a liking to the story and adding it to various reading lists of her own in spite of the fact that it hadn't been updated since November last year... :) 

Anyway, I've a lot to say people. I haven't updated since a long, long time and I know you all are very angry with me. I just lost faith in writing more to this story coz my computer crashed and I lost most of my stuff. I'm thinking of re-writing my chapters once again, and I'm shaping them up from the beginning. 

I've changed a lot of things. For instance, a gang, 'Blue Gang', to be exact, figures quite a lot in the story (you'll know more abt it when u read), Zahra has another next-door frnd, Rajani, who is Sri Lankan (I figured she had to have something closer to home to keep her comfortable in a strange land and nothing's better than a frnd, ryt?) I've introduced some of Laura's past too. And, her enemies don't know Zahra is the girl they're after yet. This detail was irking me a bit coz the Mystery Man can't afford to wait to catch her, he's doing his best to get to her.

Also, the 'somewhere in the whole wide world' has been changed too. And, I've changed things  bit between Zahra and David. 

And lastly, I take time in whatever I do, because I seem to find fault with all that I write. So I need all the support I can get while I straighten my stories out. Your support would mean a lot to me. 

A big thank you to everyone who has waited patiently for me to update all this time.

Remember: This chapter isn't completed yet. I updated coz I couldn't wait ;)

LASTLY, Ramadan Mubarak everyone!

PLZ VOTE + COMMENT + SHARE + ENJOY

______

A sense of foreboding hung over the city that day. It felt as if it was closing in from all sides. To Zahra, it felt closer... even more so than ever before. It was always just an arm's length away, ready to suck you into its deepest, endless gorges. But it's nearness was far scarier now... it was beyond stifling. Going about every day with her usual optimism seemed like a trial to her when things didn't seem to look up after days and days of coal-black skies.

Or maybe it was just her room that was closing in instead of the entire city. It was turning out to be a hellhole for her. She'd mostly kept to it after it had been raided ruthlessly. The police were still onto the investigation. They suspected it was the handiwork of the same 'Blue Gang' that had gripped the city since the last nine months or so. She was a little skeptic about that though. 

The gang didn't really specialize in vandalizing private properties. They were more into abductions and scaring people, as almost everyone knew by now. But Zahra hadn't told the police about her late night rendezvous with a member of the gang. If, he was a member at all, that is to say. There'd be a streak of interrogations, if she did. And she wasn't up for anymore questioning.

Besides, Zahra herself wasn't sure that he was one of them. The way he'd threatened answers out of her, it felt somewhat personal. As if whatever he'd wanted, it had to do with her only, which was pretty spooky in itself. Also, he was onto something, like he had a mission. That gang wasn't into missions or personal vendetta from what she'd gathered so far, it was more random and 'roguish' than anything else. She wanted to carry out a few investigations of her own, find out what she could from around the area where she'd met him that night. It was a long shot, but all that she had to go upon. Maybe the owner of that diner could help. If only she'd seen that man's face.