Broken with His words...

PLZ vote + comment... they make my day :) >>>>>

dedicated to @Reaper333 thanx for ur advice. I tried to work upon it... a bit. Thanx a lot :)

"So how do you feel now? Did you like our little trip to the quaint little village?" Laura asked Zahra as she drove back to the city from the village of Amberley. "Yes. I loved it immensely. And, I agree that it was a much-needed break. Thank you soo much for everything," Zahra replied glancing at her two friends affectionately. "Well, that's what friends are meant for, don't you think?" Avi asked and smiled at her best friend from where she sat on the front seat.

"Hey, Laura what is this place? It's so grand, I've never seen anything like it," Zahra exclaimed, gaping awestruck at a huge palace like mansion pass as the car sped on. "Oh that, you haven't seen it? That's the Hawthorn country seat. It is grand, I agree. You wanna go in and have a look?" Laura replied, sensing Zahra's excitement. "Yes, please do. That is, if they'll let us," Zahra said, her voice acquiring a sad tone. "Of course they will. It's a historic place and the second most famous landmark of the city of Trapeze. Let's go," Laura said and the three of them got out of the car.

"We'll need tickets to go in. There's a long line. I hope we can make it before its time to close the gates," Laura said worriedly. "It's OK. If we won't be able to get in, we can always come some other time," Zahra replied to soothe her. "Do you think there will ever be a perfect time than this to go sightseeing? In case you haven't noticed, it's quite on the outskirts of the city. And I'm not gonna come this far just to see this place. Besides, when do we ever get time for such pleasures, tell me that," Laura replied in a disdainful tone. "When we can't help it, there's no use arguing over it, okay. So shut up, both of you," Avi suddenly cried. Their whining was getting on her nerves.

"Am I seeing what I'm seeing or my eyes are deceiving me today," Laura exclaimed after a bit of time. "Lionel Mathews and here?" "Lionel who?" Zahra and Avi spoke at the same time. "Oh. You see the guy at the front. He was with me in high school. Poor boy, he was smitten to the core by my charm, but I kept refusing him again and again. I couldn't help it, he was such a dud," Laura replied, a cunning smile on her lips.

"So?" Avi drawled, bored to death. "He is the caretaker of the palace, I guess. I would have to practice some of my charm on him to get the tickets a bit quicker," Laura said rubbing her palms together, her eyes shining. "Laura, don't. That's cheating," Zahra said, grabbing her arm to stop her. "You are too naïve Zee. Just wait and watch," Laura said winking, and walked away.

"Lionel Mathews, please don't tell me this is a dream," Laura cried, feigning surprise. "Oh! It's so nice to see a familiar face in the swelling crowd of foreigners." "It is a delightful surprise to see a familiar face, and that too a beautiful one. How come you are here?" he replied attentively, smiling as if he had suddenly got hold of all the wealth in the world. "Oh that is not worth discussing on such a pleasant meeting," Laura said, trying to put him on the desired topic that was the motive of her sudden interest in the guy.

"I have to go somewhere with my friends. They have especially come from India to see this enchanting palace, and we are due to go elsewhere in half an hour. There is such a long line on the ticket counter, I really don't understand how we can make it," she said, as fake lines of worry creased her face. 'Such laudable acting would put the top actors to shame,' Zahra thought as she saw her talk animatedly, admiring her friend's talent of charming people. "I'm afraid we'll have to satisfy ourselves with admiring the exterior only...," "Of course not," she hadn't even been able to complete her sentence, when Lionel spoke with extreme energy radiating from his voice.

"Uh... I mean, you don't need to worry about the tickets, I'll help you with those. A private tour will be just the thing for you. Come with me, how many tickets did you want, again?" he said, rapidly moving towards the ticket counter. Laura showed her friends a victory sign, and it was not long before they were crossing the large grounds filled with lush green grass kept in perfect order, to go inside the marvelous palace like mansion.