"Let me live MY way..." Ending the year on a sad but hopeful note...

'Everything happens for a reason' they say. But, according to Zahra, at least it didn't apply into her life. Whatever happened with her seemed unusual, whether it was good or bad. Things would be great when she will come to Clydesville, she had thought but since she had come here, she had started thinking the other way round. Nothing had gone right with her.

First, there was that head-on collision with the guy who had a big fat ego and then, she had found out that, unfortunately, he was the CEO of her Alma mater, although, she thought that she owed her success to the 'Company', not him! Then there was the running away from the battle ground, a.k.a the CEOs office, when she saw him sitting like a king-o'-nowhere on the red hot seat, but failing terribly in NOT grabbing his attention.

And that day was the worst of all days when she had broken that confounded vase. Even when her motives were pure and innocent, they seemed 'devilish' in his eyes. She had stopped trying to undo her mistakes now, because she had found that they never turned out good. People had even started pointing at her in the crowd now, saying "hey, isn't that the girl who broke that vase." 'Arghhh!! Leave me alone, you creeps, don't you know it isn't good manners to point fingers at someone in public' she thought. But it was no good trying to make these people understand, so she had just let it drop from her mind, adopting the 'do-what-you-want-I-don't-care' attitude in front of them.

Things had been quite quiet this last month. Most probably, her body had got bored of doing all those antics and was on a long vacation. People wondered what she was planning next, but she never planned on anything in advance, it just....happened, and she had nothing on her mind right now, absolutely nothing at all.

The fortnightly check of her report was due in a few days and she was frantic to get it done by then and prune it a bit to make it worth seeing by her supervisor. The only thing that had happened worth noting in these days was that she had finally met the man who had made this giant of an organization what it was today, Michael Walworth, and she had found him surprisingly amusing, witty and awesomely down to earth, very much unlike his 'bloke' of a son.

Well, finally, the day on which she had to give-in her report dawned bright and sunny, much to Zahra's dismay, but thankfully, she had been able to complete it by midnight. She got to her office, checked-in at the reception desk, submitted her report, and went on to sit in her cabin and work on the next report that was due after fifteen days.

After about two hours had passed, somebody came looking for her. It was Ms. Andrews. Looking at her, she was always reminded of her primary school principal, who looked at every pupil like he was an ex-convict just out of a jail, and she felt that way even at this minute. Huh, what ruckus had she caused now? She was tired of all this calling-up game, and she felt like she was at primary school all over again, and was being called by her principal for being reprimanded but had been hiding in some corner to save herself from facing the wrath of that gruesome woman.

"Mr. Walworth Sr. has called for you to come to his office in two minutes. Hurry now, he's very particular about being on time and doesn't like to be kept waiting" she said, not so harshly, and even smiled at her before going out of the cabin.

Zahra was properly puzzled. 'What did she mean by throwing that warmer-than-the-sun smile at her?' Nevertheless, she hurried out and when she reached the CEOs office, she saw Jennifer standing just outside the door with one hand on the door handle, uncertainly looking around her, thinking how she had ended up standing there. Just then, she spotted Zahra coming towards her and grabbed her hand, visibly relaxed. "I'm so glad that you'll be going in with me. By the way, do you know why they've called us two here, in particular?" she asked her, confused. "I'm as much puzzled as you are. We'll only get to know it when we get inside. So let's go" Zahra replied, opening the doors to the huge room.