The sound of Fredrick's sobs filled the gazebo and we were soon ushered out to give that family some space to come to terms with everything. Terrace's parents left after telling Ace and Hotch to visit as soon as they could. Sage's parents had to go take his brother home since he had fallen asleep but not before saying the same thing.

My own parents reluctantly left, echoing their idea and giving me a kiss on the head and a firm hug.

"I'm glad you're safe, sweetheart. Bring that mate of yours over for dinner soon, I'll tell the twins you'll be home tomorrow." Mom ruffled my hair like she had used to do so long ago, and dad simply smiled and squeezed my shoulder. I could see the tears in his eyes and that was enough to say without words. I faced the others, holding Mary's sleepy body firmly.

"Let's go to the clubhouse." Denton said as he exited the gazebo, pulling on his jacket. "My dad really needs some time to process everything-"

"They all do, Denny." Sage looked away to watch his parents leave the park. "Everything was suddenly just dropped on them without warning."

Hotch grabbed the keys out from his pocket. "Well, let's see if I remember how to get there." He chuckled and Ace smiled softly, kissing his head.

"Gross. Save that for later." Sage made a disgusted face and Denton laughed and I smiled, carful not to disturb the sleeping child.

~*~

The wind had picked up when we finally arrived at the clubhouse. Things were clean and orderly, a sign that someone had recently been here.

"Out moms had been keeping things clean here." Ace explained, yawning as he leaned more on his cane.

"Jet lag is catching up, see you all later." Hotch noticed his mate's exhaustion and waved at us, carefully leading him to their room.

Sage mumbled something while suppressing a yawn, disappearing into his room. Denton awkwardly looked at me and grinned. "I guess we are all sleeping. Goodnight Indie, make sure little Mary here gets plenty of rest too." He leaned up and gently pinched Mary's cheek. She huffed a little bit didn't react otherwise.

"Right, make sure you wake up for dinner though." I smirked and copied his movements on him, causing him to swipe at my hand. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the luggage from the entrance to right outside the doors. After walking in on Hotch and Ace once, he refused to open any other door but his own.

I took Mary to my room. It was still as how I left it, almost like I stepped back in time. I didn't have the energy to continue looking around so I settled Mary down and laid next to her, immediately passing out.

~*~

Knocking roused me out of my slumber, a voice muffled by the door called to me.

"Oi, Sage is making breakfast for dinner and the others are making funfetti cake, get up." Denton knocked again before leaving, probably already knowing I would've awoken.

Mary had moved in her sleep and now draped herself over my chest, snoring and twitching in her sleep.

I grinned and gently shook her. "Hey, dinner is ready, wanna go see what uncle Sage made?" I was hoping that would wake her bust it caused a brief snort before she just turned her head away. I laughed but continued. "Do you want cake?" That was enough to send her launching towards the end of the bed, excitedly bouncing around.

"Cake? Cake! What type of cake?" She jumped around as I struggled to get up. Jet lag had been rougher than I thought.

"Funfetti, now go use the bathroom and wash your hands." I pointed to the bathroom I shared with Sage on the other side. "Make sure to knock to see if someone not in there."

She did as told and after having no response to her call, she bolted in. I laughed again and waited for her to finish before going in myself. When I came back out, she was bouncing her legs impatiently on the bed.

"Alright alright, let's go." I laughed again and led her down to the kitchen, tackling Hotch's legs. It was strange to see a child tackle a stranger but it was probably for the fact that Hotch had the oven mitts on and balancing the cake pan in his hands.

"Cake!" She said gleefully, watching Hotch set the pan down to cool.

"Careful in the kitchen, young lady." He chuckled but the warning was still there. Mary nodded and stepped back, being much more careful.

"Come sit down, Mary." I sat down and pat my leg and she happily jumped up to it. She made herself comfortable and looked at me. "You probably don't remember who these men are, let me introduce you. That serious looking man with the black eyes and blond hair is your uncle Sage." Sage just rolled his eyes a little and set some pancakes down on the table.

"I'm not always serious looking." Sage whined, looking away.

"Most of the time," I laughed. "Over there, those two are your uncle Hotch and-"

"Uncle Terry, the cool one." Ace grinned and sat down across from me.

"Unfair! I already claimed that title." Denton pouted, stealing a seat next to me.  Hey Mary, I'm your cool uncle Denton out of these losers." He held out his hand and Mary carefully shook it, a thoughtful look on her face as she tried to remember all their names.

"Children please." Sage scolded, coming back to the table with a set of plates for us. Hotch sat down next to Ace and placed the syrup on the table.

We shared some laughs as we diced up the pancakes sharing memories and ideas for some fun activities to do later on. After that, cake was served and Mary promptly passed out from the amount of food she had.

I took her back to my room and kissed her head as she snuggled into the covers.

This. This is what kept me going. The only thing missing was my other half but now, that didn't seem so far away.

=-=-=
I had to toss a few ideas around with a friend of mine since I felt kind of stuck at times.

I think a few more chapters and I can call this finished at last! Thanks for sticking around haha :)

Comment

Vote

Whatever floats your goat

Arrivederci!
=-=-=