Chapter XXII

=-=-= oh uh...... hi...? Please don't hurt me... =-=-=

I don’t know how, or why, but I came to adopt the little girl.

I just took one look into her bright brown and green eyes, and I fell in love.

What happened to the mother was kinda sad, but I was glad in a way, as it let me adopt her.

The mother was extremely young, and reckless. She was only 18, and she was already addicted to drugs and sex. The living conditions her baby was living in was extremely poor conditions; a small apartment that was infested with health issues. And it wasn’t because the mother couldn’t afford any better. She was involved and then linked to many many crimes, mostly heists. The police said that she had a ton of money and was planning to leave the country, and her diary explained she wanted to “get to know Europe,” if you are catching the drift here.

I was more than glad now that she was caught before they left.

They took Mary Jane (Patel-Brose, oh that makes me so happy!) back with the child services, and as soon as I awoke and they had told me everything, I quickly signed all the paperwork. Usually, the grandparents would have possession but they refused to have a “bastard devil living in their home.”

Now, I was just waiting for the work to be finalised, and for me to be released.

And mt family? My parents approved, now thinking that if definitely wouldn't go back to the corp....

"Indie, they said you could leave in a bit. Go take a piss and let's go." Denton announced as he entered, sitting next to Sage, looking at some magazines.

"Aha, whatever you say." I got out of the bed, stretching with a satisfying back pop. I then went to the bathroom where I fixed my bandages and headed back, dressed in nothing but some jeans and shoes.

"Let's go now, yes?" Denton glanced at Sage, who was fast asleep now and shoved his chair. Black eyes opened and a growl echoed the quiet and echo-y room.

"Denton, sleep with one eye open tonight." Sage threatened with a glare to Denton, getting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes before heading out the door. I laughed and followed a spooked Denton out the door.

I followed after Sage and felt Denton stay close behind me.

“So….” Denton slowly walked up next to me and peeked at Sage. The onyx eyed male only stared back blankly. I felt myself shiver. He was always a scary person when he wakes up. “You going to tell us about your mate back there..?”  At the mention, Sage hunched over and coughed, his face becoming a vivid shade of red. Denton smirked, patting his head and looking at me mishchievieously.

“Oh no, what are you d-”

“Helping my bro hook up with his mate, are you helping or nah?” I looked at the devilish redhead before nodding. He peeked into the nurses station, talking in a sing-song voice. “Oh Doctor!~ My friend with the black eyes and dirty blonde hair and pretty smile is dying~”

Nearly instantly, a man whipped his head around and looked at Denton dead in the eyes. I tried to hide me smile as he rushed over to Sage, helping him sit down on the chair nearby. I watched as the doc rubbed Sage’s back. Denton leaned against me.

“Aww, look at their red faces~ so cute~” I laughed a little and gave him a small pat on the head.

“That was smart.” Sage began to calm down, but his face stayed red. If anything, he got even more red. The doctor’s slight tan made his pink cheeks noticeable as he continued to rub and give Sage sips of water from the nearby water dispenser. I looked at Denton and he was already looking back.