Chapter IV

I found myself crying as the Alpha touched my scar.

"What happened here?" He asked gently, though I could tell he was close to loosing his marbles.

I opened my mouth to speak, whimpering as I began to remember.

"When I was ten, there was a rogue pack attack. I was bitten by the Rogue Beta, here." I pointed to the scar on my leg. It was mostly faded though. "I was forced to shift back to human, and then left there, bleeding to death." Tears began flowing down my face silently. "My future Alpha, he was about to be ambushed by the rogue Alpha. No one was there, so I had to throw myself at him to protect him. He's my only friend now." 

I sniffled again, looking down.

There was a deep growl, and I whimpered again, flinching at the sound. He stopped at an instant. 

"What about this?" He pointed to my semi dislocated shoulder, an open scar sliding down to the tips of my fingers, most likely previously caused by a long butcher knife.

I looked up and locked my gaze with Marcos, though I was nervous.

"My future Beta did that." His eyes widened as he seemed to process this. 

The Alpha growled, standing up and picking me up. 

"Where are you taking him?" Marcos asked, watching the Alpha I have yet to learn the name of.

"Pack house. Why?" He raised an eyebrow as he waited for an answer, letting me get more comfortable. 

"You're taking away my future son." 

My eyes widened as he spoke, gazing at him with so much confusion and hope.

"What?" The Alpha looked at him, shocked.

"Might as well show him what a true Beta is." He smiled warmly at me, and I could feel myself grow warm.

"I'll drop him off when he is up health." He nodded, satisfied.

I smiled at Marcos and mouthed a simple, 'thank you'. 

~*~

The Alpha, who on the way here introduced himself as Leon Cantos, left me in the care of the pack doctors, and there, I underwent surgery to realign my bones in the proper position. 

I don't know how long the surgery went, since I was asleep, but I could kinda guess it took a hella long time.

I woke up and the first thing I saw, was the nice woman from earlier and Marcos, both of them asleep in  the corner cot. I weakly sat up, and only then did I notice the heart monitor speed up a little. 

The two adults stirred in their sleep, and then their eyes opened to land on me. I stared for a while, my eyes glazing over with white stuff ((A/N please don't thin it is a perverted remark.... -.-)) so I couldn't see them, just their blurred outlines.

"My baby boy!" I heard the woman's voice close to me before I was wrapped in a tight hug.

I grunted and silently hissed in pain.

"Hollie, babe, you're hurting him." I looked up at the sound of Marcos, then felt the arms loosening.

"I'm sorry, it's just, wow...." I wanted to lift my hand, but how could I? There was something in it that refrained me from moving it.

"Hey, pup, can you see me?" I looked up to the direction of the voice again, shaking my head. 

"I'm sorry, I can't...." I mumbled, my voice sounding parched and raspy.

"Oh no, Marcos!" I raised an eyebrow in question. 

I know that I was the one who asked her to be my mom and all, but she sure did warm up to me pretty quickly. Usually, it would take months for someone to be treated as their own.

I heard the door open and Marcos shouting for a doctor and I was left staring at what I assumed to be down at my lap.

"What seems to be the problem?" A feminine voice asked. 

"He can't see." I looked up at the direction. 

"I can tell when my eyes are open and closed, and I can barely make out blurry lines that represent people." I explained, hearing shoes come closer. a warm hand made me look up, and two drops of the coldest waters from Alaska was dropped into my eyes.

"You should be able to see soon, just blink a lot, okay?" And then the other woman's voice spoke silently to the other adults before she was heard leaving.

"Here, it's a glass of water." Hollie put a cold, cylindrical object in my hand, making sure I knew what I was holding. I held the glass carefully to my lips, taking in a gulp of heavenly liquid. 

I could then feel my throat, not a parched desert cactus.

"Better?" Hollie asked me again. I nodded slowly and could tell my vision was clearing up.

"Can I ask something?" I continued to look at my lap while I spoke, feeling a little nervous.

"Anything." Marcos told me, sounding worried. This was getting weird.

"I know I asked to be taken into your care as a son, but you seemed to have warmed up to me like I really was your son." I explained, the sound of my wolf interjection.

'Their wolves accepted me as such, and they are already at terms after you were asleep for almost a month.'

I looked up in realization. 

"Never mind, my wolf explained it to me." I looked up and noticed my eyesight cleared up significantly, and I could now tell the the color of their eyes. 

"Well, the doc said you can leave when you feel like it, since you healed pretty well and seem to be fine." Marcos said, sitting at the edge at the foot of the bed.

"What do they call you? Hollie petted my hair lovingly as I leaned into her touch. 

"Ethan Indigo Patel, Omega of the Groven Wolf pack." I stated softly, my eyes narrowing a little.

"Ethan. Nice name. By the way, are you willing to change it to Ethan Indigo Brose-Patel?" Marcos leaned in, a small smile tracing his lips.

I nodded ecstatically. 

"Yes! I am willing!" I grinned from ear to ear, for the first time, I felt genuinely happy.

"Good, because that is what I put on the adoption papers." Marcos ruffled my hair as he stood up to go behind Hollie.

"And you are officially a member of the Hollow Wolves. Welcome to the pack." Hollie hugged me gently, and then she got up. 

"We'll be outside while you change and everything, and then we will go home." My heart burst in happiness and warmth. For the first time in my life, I felt accepted.

=-=-= Sup? Hope you liked this Chapter. Feedback is much appreciated!

Just leave a

comment

vote

whatever you feel like.

Arrivederci =] =-=-=