epilogue

(i am so emo right now:') please enjoy, i love you all)

•••••

as the sermon finished, the people bowed and made their way out in the churchyard

the warm beam of sunlight seeped in between the clouds, reaching out to you and you covered your eyes at the bright light piercing through your eyes.

but you smiled. for the first time in months, a genuine curve that your lips had come to know of.

a hand gently rested around your shoulder, and you turned around.

your father passed you a toothy grin, the little of his double chin showing that made you laugh. and making her way through the crowd, greeting the priests, her heels clicking, your mother came to stand beside your father.

and long from behind, came taehyung, running, stumbling, fumbling with the buttons of his coat being chased by your sister.

"you- stop!" she screeched, trying to balance while she ran, her hair flying all over the place gaining a few glances.

taehyung flicked his dyed brown hair back, smirking as he rushed to hide behind you, hands resting on your shoulders.

"what did you do this time tae?"

his brows jumped, the boxy grin growing even wider at the nickname that escaped your mouth. years later, it still made butterflies erupt in his stomach.

"just misguided her to the boys' washroom." he winked making you suppress a laugh. if your sister heard it, she'd kill you both.

joohyun had her fist raised as she stopped right in front of you.

"step out."

taehyung shook his head, scooting closer to you.

"you ass-"

"mr.bae?"

joohyun's raised fist remained mid air as she turned around abruptly to see a priest standing there.

a warm smile adorning his face, he passed a brief glance to joohyun's fist and suppressed a broader grin before turning to you.

"how are you feeling y/n?"

you smiled, bowing. "better. thank you, father."

he passed you a slight nod and then faced your parents.

"mr.bae, you talked to me about something, a few weeks back."

your father's puzzled face almost made the warm smile drop off the priest's face, but on being elbowed by your mother, a certain bulb seemed to light up in his head.

nodding his head vigorously he gave out a hearty laugh.

"yes, yes- father! is he here?"

"what? what is uncle talking about bae?"

you shrugged at the whispering boy, and looked at joohyun, but she shared the same expression as you. so you looked back at your father. and of course missed some of the conversation.

the priest ushered your parents to follow him and the three of you walked behind them.

the church nearly empty, a few volunteers decorating it for the upcoming christmas, the sound of shuffling echoed through the hallway.

opening the door to the hall, your parents looked at each other, a knowing smile adorning their faces and then they looked at the three of you briefly.

the doors opened, and you entered the sermon hall again.

there, sat a sole, young boy.

fiddling with the buttons of the long overcoat he wore.

"child, your parents are here."

your eyes popped out.

joohyun broke into an incontrollable fit of coughs, as for taehyung, he felt dizzy.

"parents! mom? dad?"

but your parents ignored joohyun's calls.

and as wide as your eyes were, they softened, glistening with new found tears as the boy turned around.

the oak brown, lustrous hair, the mischievous fox like eyes that disappeared when he smiled and the lips that curved with utmost delicacy.

and an unknown tear slipped down your eye as he introduced himself, bowing a ninety degree with utter enthusiasm and genuine happiness.

"hello, my name is jeongshin- and thank you so much for being my new home!"

••THE END••

nah, swipe over, i've to end it properly:)