xxxviii

narrator

narrator

you gulped, looking down at the hospital gown's monotonous pattern.

your father looked at you, his pupils practically emitting laser and you winced when he scoffed. 

you could hear him internally.

i told you to stay back at home and enjoy my caramel popcorn.

it was you, your father, your mother who stood by the bedside, the nurse who looked uncomfortable with so many people inside the ward- the bulky cops stood, arms crossed against their chest.

"young lady, you need to give us a clear explanation of what happened." one of them narrowed his eyes at you.

clearly he was tired of probing, asking repeatedly of what happened in the hallway.

but all you could say was one thing.

i don't know. it was too dark to see anything.

and you repeated that again making the other cop sigh in defeat. 

you gulped.

the memories of seungwan and taeyong running across your head.

you could still smell the metallic liquid, visualize the lunatic woman throwing the baby away. and clearly not being able to forget- and forgive after how seungwan left her brother and ran away. your breathed heavily, heart palipitating.

"excuse me, i'm requesting you to leave. she needs to rest." the nurse looked at the monitors worriedly, the blood pressure rising and increasing her anxiety.

the cops passed an incredulous look to the nurse, but when saw her knuckles whitening around the board she was holding, they turned around, lazily taking their own leisure time to walk out.

once again.

your attention was onto the invisible lasers your father was passing on.

"paa-"

he raised his hand ending your just beginning explanation.

"i'm a fool. i've lost most of my hair running after you two girls and you still never listen to me."

you pressed your lips together, the lack of blood making them lose their rosy color.

"i'm really sorry."

"i would've never forgiven myself if something happened to you."

you looked up at his shaky voice and found him controlling his tears back.

"and by something- you know i mean the worse."

there. 

he said it.

he was very much scared that you were about to die.

"you were unconscious for two days." your mother sobbed, pressing a hand to her mouth, trying not to bawl out in front of the nurse who stood by your side, detaching some of the tubes from your hand.