xliii

(tune into the exorcist music above!!)

narrator:

trip dinners are supposed to be fun.

but yours was otherwise.

dumping your bags inside the room, you quickly freshened up, updating your father about your whereabouts, you zipped up your bag, keeping inside the diary seokjin had given- the one with all the information about the red cottage.

locking the bathroom, you tied your hair in a ponytail looking at your reflection in the mirror.

worn out.

face pale, drained out of it's vitality, eyes sunken.

if this went on for a few more days, you were sure you'd be walking dead by then.

you sighed, touching your cheeks, hands all veiny.

did you really forget yourself in the past few months?

as you stood alone, you blinked at your reflection.

the stillness of the room creeping up your bones, sending a slight shudder down your spine.

you weren't lonely.

you had your friends with you..

but the feeling of hopelessness couldn't help but not leave your mind at peace.

your never felt so before.

every time you helped any spirit, you felt as if you could do it- which was why you willingly helped them in the first place.

but this time, you were standing against someone malicious.

someone who had tried to possess you, someone who killed innocent people around you.

tilting your head, just a bit slightly to let your neck peek from the turtle neck, you stared at the skin.

the bruises still there, more so prominent.

the wound on your forehead healed, just the scar left to mark it's brutality, but those bruises became even more prominent, darker than the midnight hue.

you rubbed at the sore spot, it wasn't hurting, but the bruises were definitely troubling you, reminding of the peril lurking right ahead of you.

these were just the superficial ones.

the ones which occasionally caught the eye of anyone around you, but the ones on your body, on your hips, thighs, they were hidden from all.

the clock struck 9pm.

 snapping out of your daze, you pulled up the turtle neck.

looking around the room, you gulped, swiping your tongue across the dry chapped lips.