xliv

(tune into silent hills-promise above

(tune into silent hills-promise above. trust me, the music will force you to wonder of the unknown and you'll feel the lingering sadness of this chapter. slight profanities ahead. dark mode advised.)

narrator:

kim seokjin thumped the bunch of papers and a mini notebook on the table, which was dragged to the middle of the room by hoseok.

namjoon and jimin made themselves comfortable on the boys' bed, while joohyun sat beside you, caressing your hair as you softly snored.

yoongi's gaze lingered over to your sleeping form, as if a father watching his baby. helpless and longing for nothing but peace .

seokjin sat on the floor, legs crossed as he sprawled out the papers in front of him.

demonology, witchcraft, possessions, exorcisms, numerous case studies, archaic procedures and what not. the amount of research he had done, he could be in the national intelligence agency of south korea.

hoseok looked at the elder one, flipping through some of the pages aggressively.

"let those three come back from the roll call, i'll begin at once." seokjin mumbled as he sensed everyone staring at him, eyes never leaving the papers and occasionally grabbing some more papers kept on the table.

hoseok sighed, slumping back into the rocking chair, the old wood making a creaking noise, for the first time not making hoseok flinch from being startled startled.

they had lost track of their own lives. the reality. 

they couldn't imagine being a part of the world of the dead, let alone be a medium to help them rest at peace. 

you'd been going through all of this since you were five.

tried to do everything to help them ever since you were five, do whatever your little hands could, do  what the jovial brain could think of doing in those particular situations.

a five year old girl seeing dead people. living with them.

hoseok closed his eyes, thinking of the first time you told him about being able to see the dead. how he laughed awkwardly. but when he actually saw you talking to someone unknown and unseen to the normal eye at the graveyard, he knew you weren't joking. paranoid or delusional about the movies you used to see together.

an unknown tear slipping down his eye, he quickly wiped it off sitting up straight.

everyone could see seokjin's sleep deprived form, his exuberance was just a façade. he knew you and the boys were relying on him, in times of unspoken doubt, you all looked upto him, which was he never showed how dejected he felt.

park jimin's coy actions were a coping mechanism, not wanting anyone to know how empty and non helpful he felt. he was still not able to take in the fact of you being on the possible verge of death let alone try to help you, which was why he offered at least a safe place to stay for the trip.