iii

i sneaked the cupcakes that i bought in my bag and quickly closed the zip

"can you drop me near the turn father?" i asked.

he looked at me skeptically from the rearview mirror.

"bae y/n, your friend is coming back after such a long time and you know we have so much work to do. decorations, we have to pick up the cake, set the tables." he grew excited just by thinking. "and you promised to help."

"i never denied papa." i sighed. "i'll reach home in by-"

i checked my watch. it was noon. "by 1:30. i promise."

my father pressed his lips in a thin line. "okay. but be quick."

i nodded. he stopped the car by the turn.

"you want some money?" he took out his wallet.

"no papa. i just have to give these cupcakes to a friend, i'll be back soon."

"and who is this friend." he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

i rolled my eyes. my father was always excited about my nonexistent boyfriend.

"paa, we have a lot to do. she'll be back soon." joohyun tried to distract him.

"and no, it's not a boy." she clarified as she sensed my father trying to ask something else.

"oh yes. okay." my father realized that time was ticking by. "before 1:30 y/n! it is going to snow today."

i nodded, waving them off, my sister giving me a reassuring smile as they sped off.

i pulled my coat closer as the cold wind swept over me and started walking up the hill.

cemeteries were extra creepy in winters, with the wind howling, leaves rustling over the graves.

i quickened up my pace. faint music entering my ears. the new year was just around the corner, and people were already in the preparation of partying hardcore. our new years were calm and quiet. the morning of 31st would start with preparations for the evening dinner, my father would bring us warm, freshly baked croissants and coffee for breakfast while my mother, joohyun and i would decorate the house. in the evening we would sit together, my cousin, hoseok and my best friends, jisoo and jeongguk with their families would come over and we exchanged gifts and talked for hours. while people would go to clubs and parties, we had an intimate gathering. i don't know why, but this celebration was so much more fun and heartwarming for me rather than getting wasted in a club and throwing up the next morning.

but this year it was different. this year, we were throwing a birthday party for a family friend, who along with his family was coming back to daegu. my father suggested throwing a party to welcome them. and of course, everyone was smitten by this idea.

the gate of the cemetery creaked as i walked in. as quietly as possible, i walked between the graves. my eyes down towards my feet, i was too weak to face all of them together.

as i walked further, a cold air surrounded me. i knew this feeling. it was when they were too close. trying to communicate with me. i covered my ears and walked as fast as i could.

choi jeongshin.

i looked for the familiar name.

the tombstone was covered with dried leaves. a hint of snow around it.

i sat down, cleaning the boy's name and gently placing a flower stem i managed to sneak from the bouquet my father bought.

"here are your cupcakes jeongshin. enjoy them." i smiled placing the box beside his tombstone.

i never gave a second thought so as to how would a dead person ever have something to eat. but whatever savories i would keep, would be gone by the next day. leaving me wondering, so as to how a dead person can eat.

nevertheless, whenever jeongshin asked for anything, i never said 'no', or 'how can you even eat? what's the point?'. the poor boy left too soon and this was the last thing i would ever ask. never probably.

a certain warmth always surrounded jeongshin's grave, but today it was different.

a certain eeriness surrounded this time. i felt extremely uncomfortable.

suddenly. i saw him. the same guy from the bakery.

i couldn't see his face, but i knew it was him.

all spirits have a distinct aura that surrounds them. which thus, tells me, how friendly or dangerous they can be.

but this boy, made me feel so uneasy, i couldn't look at him directly. it was too difficult for me. and i hated it. and he was certainly not friendly.

i quickly stumbled to my feet. swinging my backpack on my shoulder i turned towards the exit.

i wanted to get out of here. to save my life.

i walked, as fast as i could, sweat creasing down my brows even in this cold weather.

please god, save me.

his footsteps followed mine. my breath hitched.

i looked back, to see utter darkness surrounding me.

shit.

leaves began to rustle, the wind howled. as i kept walking, not looking in front of me, my foot skipped a pavement and i fell over onto my knees.

i turned around. crawling back with the help of my palms, trying to get back to my feet. but it was worthless. my body was frozen. i couldn't move.

and this time, i saw the boy for the first time. his icy blue eyes, which were sunken into his orbits, filled with venom, his face was shrunken, to the point that i could see his skull structure. his lips tainted blue. he reached out his hand, to grab me.

that's it. i am dead.

i closed my eyes. sudden chillness engulfing my body.

please someone.

i begged when a pair of arms engulfed me completely.

*****
double update, make sure to check out the previous chapter. i'm really excited about this story, and those who are kind enough to take time and read this, i am utterly grateful to you all.

also, happy 7th year with bangtan!! we have made it with our boys, so far, and we have many more years to come. let's walk on this flower path forever.
borahae💜 please stay safe in this pandemic. drink lots of water and take care. i love you all <3

18h June 2020