x

yoongi, jimin and seokjin continued to bicker until they saw taehyung and everyone staring at them wide eyed

and it didn't take them even a minute to drop their previous squabble and take him into their embrace.

"we're extremely sorry taehyung. we planned on arriving early but these two grandpas were too busy fighting that they took the wrong way." jimin's eyes sparkled as he met his friend after so long.

"no need to apologize hyung." taehyung shook his head. "i'm just glad you came."

"of course why wouldn't we tae?" yoongi placed the gift in taehyung's hand and he thanked him. "i would have loved to arrive early-

"don't yoongi." seokjin glared at him. "you should've confirmed the timings beforehand."

"hyung, you were the one who opened up the wrong invitation."

"wrong invitation?" namjoon interrogated. "i sent you one a week before hyung, how can you open the wrong invitation?"

"well he opened up last year's invitation for new year's party." yoongi huffed.

seokjin was red by this time. he was like a volcano that would explode any minute.

"but that doesn't mean you don't wrap the gift!" he screeched. "you shouldn't have been sleeping around all day."

and both of them started again.

-•-

as everyone gathered around the table, hoseok and jeongguk carefully piled up the gifts brought by the guests for taehyung, and his parents as a house warming present.

i carefully laid out the plates as jimin helped me.

"alright now, birthday boy please come to the centre." joohyun announced as she dragged taehyung to the centre and everyone gathered around the table.

seokjin opened up the beautiful ribbon that was for decoration and opened up the cake box, revealing the cake.

everyone gasped and looked at the double decker cake in awe.

"this is beautiful. who is the one behind this idea hyun?" taehyung's father asked as he clicked a picture.

"y/n uncle." joohyun smiled as she gave me a thumbs up.

my cheeks turned red as everyone looked at me.

"so thoughtful of you y/n." taehyung's mother kissed my forehead. "you still remember.." her voice trailed off in a whisper as she spoke against my forehead, and when she pulled back i could see the hint of tears in her eyes.

"bae." taehyung walked towards me. he took my hand in his own and pulled me with him, making me stand beside where he was supposed to stand and cut the cake. "thank you so much. it's beautiful."

i smiled, thankful that he liked it and i didn't make a fool of myself.

"no need to say thanks taehyung." i mumbled.

he opened his mouth to say something when jeongguk interrupted.

"before the snow spoils this piece of art, can we please cut it?" he stood up on a chair and took out his camera to record the moment.

and so we all sang happy birthday as taehyung cut the cake. his mom and dad cut a small piece and fed him. his eyes widened as he tasted the cake. then he cut a piece and turned towards me. extending the cut piece towards me.

my eyes widened. out of all people he was feeding me.

"come on y/n, eat it! we need to have some too!" seokjin shouted from behind his mobile whilst he recorded the moment too.

i nodded. not quite understanding his behaviour.

he could have fed joohyun too. she was right beside him.

he's just thankful for the cake. i reasoned out.

and so the rich flavors melted in my mouth.

jeongguk giggled as he saw my food lover coming out. and i looked at him and laughed. moving away from the centre of attention, i went and stood beside jeongguk and namjoon who were having their share.

"just look at taehyung." namjoon pointed out where everyone was taking a piece of cake. "he looks so whipped for you."

my eyes widened as i followed his gaze. and sure enough, taehyung was staring right at me. his smile broader than ever.

i was the first one to look away and lightly punched namjoon on his arm. "it's nothing like that joon."

taehyung was still staring. i could feel it.

but what i didn't notice was the boy with icy blue eyes standing right behind us.

*******

hey! you guys, who are still here, i owe you my biggest thank you.
your votes and comments mean so much to me. it just motivates me to write more. and this book has surpassed 100 reads. omfg.
i am crying happy tears.
thank you so much for giving this a chance. i promise i'll get better at writing and expressing the feelings.
swipe up for a double update!