iv

whoever the person was, i wrapped my arms around them

warmth engulfed me, as the person rubbed my back, soothingly. i stayed, like that, not caring whoever the person was, for what felt like an eternity.

"hey. bae?"

i loosened my grip and pulled back to see my best friend looking at me in concern.

"jeongguk?" my mouth morphed into a tiny smile as tears welled up in my eyes.

"bae, you okay?" his thumb stroked my cheek. "you were on the ground and shivering. are you cold? are you hurt? let me see."

"thank you jeon." i hugged him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"bae, hey it's okay, i'm here." he rubbed my back soothingly.

a warm feeling returned to my chest.

when i calmed down a bit, he pulled back and examined me head to toe.

"look at you girl!" he scolded me. "how did you even fall?"

" don't ask."

"what do you mean?" he furrowed his brows, his glasses slipped down his nose.

i pushed back his glasses on the bridge of his nose. he pouted, clearly confused by my behavior.

i shook my head. he never knew about my secret. nor he should.

i cannot put his life in danger. he means a lot to me.

"nothing. i was just- i spaced out and fell. nothing much."

he eyed me suspiciously. and i knew he didn't believe me. he knew me too well, and he knew i was lying. nevertheless, i guess, he sensed that i was not feeling well and let it go.

"well then miss, please stop spacing out so much." he flicked my head and i winced.

"i've been calling you since forever and you kept on walking as if i was a ghost and you couldn't hear me."

i froze.

why does everyone think that seeing ghosts is a joke?

"i'm sorry." i sighed. "but why were you around here?"

"i was going to your house to help with the decorations and all. mom told me to go and give a helping hand. and then i saw you coming here. so i started following you and called out to you, but you didn't even look back." he pouted. which made him look even cuter. "why are you here though?"

"i came to visit aunt soomin." the lie slipped out so easily.

he nodded. "come on let's go. we have a lot to do and your father was freaking out when he called me."

he helped me get up, tightly holding me against him.

"i'll fix you up." he patted his rucksack. "but not here. i feel awfully scared." he shuddered.

i nodded. limping towards the gate as jeongguk helped me, feeling the icy blue eyes staring at us from a distance.

*****
another chapter. please enjoy. i always appreciate constructive criticism. don't hesitate to tell me:) stay safe. i love you all.

21st June 2020