xi

the evening ended being one of the best parties i've ever been to

the evening ended being one of the best parties i've ever been to. after the cake cutting ceremony, everyone enjoyed the delicious handmade dinner by the master chefs; my mother and hoseok's parents.

at the dining, my parents and taehyung's parents caught up on all the missed events in each other's lives. taehyung sat in between joohyun and seokjin.

jisoo and jeongguk sat on either of my sides. as much as i wanted to avoid being close to taehyung, he sat. right. in. front. of. me.

nevertheless, my attention never went to them due to the delicious food and endless bickering of jimin and hoseok. they didn't stop entertaining us. for even a minute. when yoongi was tired of listening to jimin's story of his glorious abs and how he seduced a girl, he put on some music.

surprisingly, everyone urged mr and mrs.kim to dance, and they agreed after a bit of reluctance and shyness. both swaying their bodies to the rhythm and getting lost into the eyes of each other.

then it was hoseok's time to shine, as he took over the dance floor, making all the women and girls swoon over him alike. i swear i heard an aunty saying that she would gladly claim him if weren't younger.

and just like that, everyone got to the dance floor. beagle dances, pop, you name it. i denied even getting near to dancing but jeongguk dragged me with him anyway and we ended up goofing around with jisoo.

it wasn't until eleven, when the guests got tired and decided to leave. bidding goodbyes, my parents and taehyung's parents went to drop each one of them to their cars, thanking them for making it to the birthday and house warming party.

and at last at around twelve in the morning we found ourselves exhausted in the living room whilst my mother made everyone some tea.

"hyun, i must have saved the country in my past life to have a loving friend like you." taehyung's father sat beside my father. "thank you so much, coming back to korea feels so much better."

"you don't need to say thanks kim." my father patted his back affectionately. "i am glad i have you back. remember we promised to grow old together?" he laughed.

my mother settled the tea at the center table, pouring each one of us a cup.

as the fragrance of chamomile delighted my senses, jeongguk sat down beside me. my mother handed him a cup and he gladly took it thanking her.

"you changed fast bae." he sighed.

"of course. why, do you expect me to sit in the bathroom for hours?"