xviii

narrator

narrator

jeongguk reluctantly re ordered another lunch combo for the new member who had decided to join your table today.

yeoubi was more flustered than ever and you could empathize with her. she was exactly how you behaved in front of new people.

kim taehyung was a law student. and kim jisoo, the traitor told him that you would be in the cafeteria.

"thanks jeon." taehyung smiled as he sipped on his coke. "but what are you guys drinking?"

"it's this special drink which help us not throw out our digested food due to formalin." jeongguk said.

it tasted horrible. but jeongguk was so habitual that he drank it as if it was banana milk.

taehyung looked at you, to give him some explanation.

"we have anatomy next. practicals. we will be dissecting cadavers so it is this drink which numbs our olfactory receptors to prevent us from vomiting our food due to formaldehyde's smell."

his mouth turned into an 'o' as he nodded in satisfaction to your explanation. the tips of your ear turned red as taehyung stared at you.

you were oblivious to it. but jeongguk and yeoubi could see it. the admiring gaze kim taehyung held for you. the way you talked, shyly looked away, the way you blushed even at the slightest compliment.

that day, when he called you cute, was supposed to be in his mind. but that came out loud and you were shocked, which also shocked him. not to mention, that new year, when he was about to make the biggest confession. he admitted that he made it awkward, but he couldn't help but find your flustered state so cute. but since then, you avoided him. which caused him pain.

"are you two friends?" yeoubi asked something for the first time, snapping taehyung out of his thoughts.

taehyung nodded vigorously before you could say anything. "childhood best friends."

"that must be so nice." yeoubi smiled. "to have your childhood friend studying with you."

"we live next to each other too." taehyung added making yeoubi gasp in awe.

"he went to states and came back during vacations." you said, hoping to indicate that you both weren't as close as he mentioned.

"how did you get admission? it's not easy to get admissions in second year. especially if you're coming from foreign." jeongguk asked.

"i applied six months prior to coming here. submitted by gpa scores and portfolio as a co curricular. they called up for entrance which i gave online. then interview. and voilà." he snapped his fingers to show that he made it to the university.

"portfolio of what?"jeongguk asked.

"photography portfolio." taehyung finished his coke as the bell rang signaling the ending of the break. "i am in the photography club."