xxxix

(dark mode advised

(dark mode advised. and advised to play the music in the media:)

narrator:

how would you react when someone tells you that they can see dead people?

scared?

send them to a psychiatrist?

or laugh at them and face the dire consequences?

the looks on the faces of your family and friends were of pure horror.

the evil dark coming at you through your primitive drive, the proof of it's wrath and heartlessness showed on your skin. the fresh bandage wrapped around your head already soaked with crimson. the marks of evil on your neck. blue-back spots on your body, of abuse and physical pain.

and what about the mental abuse? the emotional drainage you felt? that was reflected in the way you were bawling your eyes out.

loneliness now lay open in front of everyone. how you were in the middle of people, your friends, your family, yet how alone you were.

when jeongguk opened his mouth to interject, for the first time you stopped him from speaking.

and you told them about the boy with icy blue eyes- following you-right from the start. the day your aunt was buried, the night joohyun and hoseok were taken to the hospital- after the seeming accident took place, the day jeongguk found you in the graveyard, the pregnant woman and her husband, which caused joohyun and hoseok to gain shocked and accusatory glances.

you both knew and never told us?

the real murderer of the lab assistant and till present. of what happened in the hallway and your vision of the siblings. you spilled everything. the burden of hiding a grievous part of your life, lifting off your shoulders. but at the same time, the guilt of risking the lives of your loved ones replaced that.

and for once you knew that some people are born good and always fight off the bad. some people are born bad and become good through great effort. others are born in light and fall to darkness. and others are born in darkness and cannot see the light.

and as you finished, you looked around the hospital room.

its walls are simply cream, not peeling or dirty, just cream. and the hospital room was as devoid of beauty as you were of hope.

-•-

you never imagined, even in your worst nightmares-something synonymous with your life- that your parents would avoid any kind of conversation with you.

joohyun kept to herself as the finals approached.

hoseok avoided your calls.

and so did the boys.