A wild ride

The sun was nowhere to be seen, hidden by clouds of black and bright glimmering stars. Where once it had been warm, now a coldness has taken over and even in the places where the gentle winter ruled, its tenderness had been lost to a ravaging chill. On this day not even the moon dared show itself, as madness flourished below. Running with no direction, trying to find salvation or anything which could grant them the smallest illusion of one. Fear galloped through once peaceful streets and villages, now stained red and the sound of screams, for on this day, none was safe. Those who had once stood proud were now reduced to a shivering mess, clinging onto faith and hope like their life depended on it. Of course, the world never lacked those who despite the shrieking proof, denied the tragedy, denied the reality of the end. Whether they would be the last to go or not, it depended on the ever-changing whims of fate.

Phones were ringing, worried relatives rushing on the crowded highway to reach their families, shouting, yelling, abandoning their vehicles in favor of running. Others were barricaded in their homes, scared of the unknown, trembling beneath thick sheets just like little children on a stormy night.

He was the first to awaken, and soon, the others will follow and together, they would take back what was rightfully theirs and no one could stop them. Earth will know their dominion once again.

Or not.

✠♦✠

"Get the hell out of here."

Silence.

The Dreamer stared at the Messenger, ignoring the human twins trying to get away from there. Dipper was holding Mabel as gently as he could, but her body ached too much, bruised, and injured beneath the leader suit, the pain distorting her expression, putting tears in her eyes. He was moving slowly, and though he knew the importance of finding a safe place where he could look after his sibling, a part of him urged him to stay, to see what the Crawling Chaos had in mind. Something didn't feel right about this whole ordeal and he felt like he needed to know what.

Cthulhu looked the Outer God up and down, well aware of his tendency at poor jest, much like that deity the humans have taken to calling Loki. Had he not known any better, he would have assumed them to be one and the same. Regardless, soon, it won't matter anymore. In just a matter of time, there would be no more gods, no more deities, pagan or holy, apart from him and his brethren. He could feel the other seals breaking now that his had come undone, his kin soon to awaken and follow him. All he had to do was be patient, yet even so, entertaining the Nyarlathotep was the last thing he had in plan. Especially when he made such tasteless jokes.

"I beg thy pardon, Messenger, but what do you mean by "get the hell out"?" he asked, determined to get this thing over with.

He had other matters more important to deal with.

"Just what it sounds. I want you and the others to pack your up things and get your asses off this planet, before I make you and trust me YOU WON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE IN MIND." the Crawling Chaos had said, his voice becoming a sinister growl as he let out the last sentence.

The Great Dreamer looked at him, unamused, a yawn escaping his tentacled mouth.

"You...you're not taking me seriously, are you?" Nyarlathotep asked.

"Well knowing you...no. I don't."

...

"You could have pretended at least, you know."

"I could have but... I didn't care enough to."

...

"So...you're not going to leave the planet, are you?"