Born of Ink. Part 1. Let the healing begin

"It hurts!"

"What is she doing!?"

"It's reaching the head!"

"No! NO! Stay away!"

"The ink! Stay away!"

"Get it off! GET IT OFF!"

"Don't just lay there! DO SOMETHING!"

"Shut...shut up." you cried out through clenched teeth, trying your best to ignore the pain and the voices screaming in your ears, tears flooding your vision as you struggled to crawl out of the narrow hallway and towards the empty box.

They were near, you could hear them, their steps coming closer and closer with each passing minute. You couldn't fight them, your entire body numbed from the pain spreading from your missing arm and into every tissue, every cell that existed in your organism.

"Give up."

"You'll die."

"No one will miss you. Just give up."

"You thought you could save him. You think you're so special, don't you?"

"S-SHUT UP!" you shrieked, refusing to give in.

Listening to them was what got you into this mess. Now you will not do the same mistake. You. Will. FIGHT!

✠♦✠

It was early morning when you woke up, Pure and Ghost groaning at the same time, hoping to get a few more minutes of sleep, the tall bug wrapping their arms tighter around you, to prevent you from getting up. You chuckled and patted their mask with your hand.

"Come on, big guy. We need to get ready." you said, and gently tried to push them off, but they refused, holding on strong and pretending not to hear you, Ghost following suit.

You sighed, closing your eyes and smiling. These two were such babies. If Horne hadn't spent the night with Herrah and the weavers, you would have asked her to help you out, but now you were alone with these two softies. An idea creeped into your mind accompanied by a devilish smile on your lips. Well, in a way, they were asking for it. You reached out and began to tickle Pure's stomach and much to your surprise, they reacted, immediately pulling away and covering their abdomen with their hands, their entire body shaking while muffled sounds were coming from them. Normally, you would have stopped, but this was just too funny. You tried to lunge at them and continue the torture, but they immediately caught your hand and held you as far away as possible, but much to their terror, Ghost thought that what you were doing was fun too, unleashing an attack of their own. Taking their sibling by surprise, they successfully managed to tickle the giant bug. Laughing uncontrollably in their own way, Pure let go of you, trying to push the small one away, but it was hard with their entire body shaking like crazy, void tears forming at the corners of their eyes.

You were about to join Ghost when the bedroom door opened and in got Grimm, looking tired, Robby and Mabel running past him and jumping on the bed to hug you and their friend.

"We're going on an adventure! We're going on an adventure!" they were both screaming in excitement as they threw their arms around you and Ghost, Pure taking advantage of the situation to make a run for it.

"Did something happen to them?" the Troupe Master asked, curious as to why the prince was in such a rush to get out of there.

Usually they were always trying to drag things out according to Hornet and it was a real fight to get them out of bed, least something bad happened or you had a bad dream and refused to sleep, but otherwise, good luck in getting them to leave the blankets.