9. Memories

Violets baby picture>>
I wasn't going to write today but TVD is back on tonight so here I am. But I'm warning you now it's a filler chapter.
~
After Conner left I called May and she said she would be right over.

So now here we were sitting in the backyard drinking alcoholic free margaritas because we could!

We watched the kids run around the backyard just enjoying themselves.

"I still can't believe you slept with your boss!" She exclaimed taking a drink.

"Hey, you were there you could have stopped me" I argued.

"I was blackout drunk I couldn't have been trusted" I just shook my head.

"So what happened to the guy you were grinding on?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"You actually remember that?" She quirked her eyebrow right back at me.

"I was almost as drunk as you but I still had a little common sense" I told her with a smirk.

"Soo..." I continued.

"His name is Ashton and I'm seeing him again on Saturday!" She squeaked. I could just see the happiness radiating off of her.

"I'm so happy for you"

"Thanks and I'm sorry I brought happiness when you're down" she apologized and I just shrugged.

"Mommy can I have some of that?" Bradley asked pointing at my drink giving me his big baby blues. When had he gotten here?

I nodded and he walked closer. I gently tilted the glasses on his lips and he took a big gulp. Its nonalcoholic it won't hurt.

Tears sprung in his big eyes and he grabbed on to my thigh tightly. And I knew what it was.

It was his very first brain freeze.

I leaned forward and gently rubbed soothing circles on his head.

"It sucks doesn't it kid?" May smirked at him and he nodded and snuggled into my thigh.

I leant forward and picked him up and he snuggled into my neck. He was tired since he didn't have his nap.

I was actually surprised he was the first to tire out it was usually Taylor but Taylor,Violet, and Sky were still running around.

"Are you tired Bradley bear?" He nodded into my neck.

"Do you wanna go sleep in your bed?" I expected him to nod his head but he quickly shook his head.

"Where do you wanna sleep?" I asked gently.

He lifted his head.

"In your arms mommy" he said then snuggled right back in.

"Awww" I looked over to see May with tears in her eyes.

"What's the matter May?" I asked softly while running my hands through Bradley's hair.

"It's just I look at you and I want this, I want to come home to people who love me no matter what and look up to me" she said sadly and trying to catch her breathe.

"May, I promise you that one day you will have this, I promise" I told and she gave me a sad smile.

"Aunt May I'm tired" Taylor said walking up to us and before she could respond Taylor climbed into her lap and laid her head on her shoulder.

I could see Mays eyes tearing up again and I decided we had had enough of outside for today.

"Girls come on,its time to go in" I yelled for them and Bradley whimpered. I made hushing noises in his ear and he went back to sleeping peacefully.

"I'm gonna make dinner so if you three want to go play in the living room you can" I told Violet, Sky,and May who looked happy.

I took Taylor from Mays arms and walked inside and up the stairs.

I gently placed Bradley on his bed and then Taylor and then pulled the covers over them and shut the door.

When I returned downstairs I saw May sitting on the couch with Violet laying her head on her shoulder and Sky sitting in her lap sucking her thumb.
All of them asleep.

I could tell that May was upset about not having children of her own and that made my heat break.

Something not a lot of people know about May is that she had three younger siblings but when May was 15 and her siblings were 6,3,and 1 they were all taken by the state and she never saw them again.

I didn't realize I had been tearing up until I heard Bradley's little voice.

"Momma what's wrong?" He asked while coming up and hugging my legs.

I bent down and picked him up.

"Nothing baby bear, what are you doing up?" I asked tickling him making him squeal.

"Taybug was snoring so loud that even bubba couldn't sleep" he said while throwing his hands dramatically in the air.

"Oh well poor bubba hasn't gotten a nap today has he?" I asked and he quickly nodded.

"Yeah but he sleeping now in your bed" he was too adorable.

"I love you Bradley bear" I told him as I kissed the side of his head.

"I love you too mommy" he said as he put his arms around my neck and squeezed.

"Okay buddy since you're the only one up what do we want to make for dinner?" His eyes lite up

"COOKIES!" He yelled and I just laughed.
~~~~
After everyone had woken up we all ate and then May helped give them bathes and put them in bed.

"Thank you so much for all your help today May" I said gratefully as I hugged her.

"Again, you don't have to thank me. I'm more then willing to help you" she told me as she put her jacket on.

"You know I love you right?" I told her.

"I love you too but it's time for me to leave" we quickly exchanged goodbyes and then she left.

Later that night I was laying in bed staring at a picture I kept on my nightstand.

It was a picture of when Violet was a baby. She was wrapped in a towel and she had a bow wrapped around her head. It was one of my favorite baby pictures of her.

I wiped my tears. I was finally realizing my babies were growing up and I was really upset about that.

I fell asleep clutching the picture to my chest.