13. Sickness and Secrets

I know I already posted this but so you remember it>>

~~
I woke up to someone poking me in the face and sniffling. I opened one eye to see Violet sitting on my bed with tears in her eyes and something on her pajamas. I sat up.

"Violet,baby whats the matter?" I asked concerned because Violet usually never cries.

"I-I-I threw up a-a-and I don't feel good" she said through her tears.

"Aww baby come on let's get you out of these pjs" I said sympathetically. She quickly nodded and got up and walked towards her room.

I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:30am,groaning but got up.

I walked towards Violets room only to see her on her back on the floor holding her tummy. I felt terrible for her.

"Violet,honey come on let's change you" I said while carefully lifting her up and setting her on the edge of her bed.

I grabbed a pair of footie pajamas from her dresser and then went back to her and carefully removed her old pajamas. And put her in her new ones.

She fell asleep really fast after I put her new pajamas on,so I left her room and went and called off work and called May to tell her I didn't need her to come over today. Which she was happy about.

I made breakfast for the triplets and coffee for me.

After breakfast was done cooking I went up and woke up the triplets and they were happy I was staying home.

"Okay so what do you guys want to do?" I asked after breakfast was over.

"I wanna watch Frozen!" Taylor yelled and Sky nodded her head in agreement.

"I wanna watch dragon tales" Bradley pouted.

I thought it over for a minute.

"Okay I'll put Frozen on the tv and Bradley can watch dragon tales on my phone" and they all got happy about that.

Once I put on Frozen and gave Bradley my phone and headphones I went back to the kitchen and cleaned up and then made some chicken soup and brought it up to Violet who woke up instantly.

"Momma,my tummy hurts" she said with tears forming in her eyes.

"I know baby,but I brought some soup and if you feel well enough Taylor and Sky are watching Frozen" her eyes lit up and she nodded.

"Okay but eat first" and she got right to it.

After she was done she got up and I grabbed a blanket and pillow for her along with the dirty dishes and we walked down the stairs slowly.

When we finally made it down the stairs she got in the recliner and I have her the pillow and blanket I had brought down and she snuggled right up.

~~
Later that day all of the kids were asleep and I sighed, it was a long day.

I was sitting on the couch watching re-runs of The Vampire Diaries when there was a knock on the door so I paused the show and walked towards the door.

I opened it and who was there shocked me.

"Conner what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well you weren't at work today,so I figured I would come over and check on you" he looked like a 5 year old boy who was talking to a girl who he thought was pretty and I couldn't help but smile.

"Come in" I said finally realizing he was still standing outside.

We walked into the kitchen and I got myself a cup of coffee along with one for him.