3. Found out

Conner Melody above

~
The next day I was at the office typing and emailing away. Doing what I was told to do as usual. I sighed and rubbed my temples I had a massive headache.

I heard the ringing of my phone and groaned.

"Hello this is MDY incorporate, Elena speaking how may I help you?" I asked all professionally.

"Elena, this is May do you know where Bradley's bubbas at?" She asked sounding flustered.

"No but have you asked the girls because last night they hid it" I explained.

"Yes and they don't know where it's at they even helped look for it" sounding like she was going to cry.

"He keeps saying momma has it" and I heard him screaming in the background.

"Okay hold on I'll see if it's here but I could have sworn he had it in the morning" I said as a rummaged through my bag and there I saw the little blue bear known as bubba. I sighed.

"Okay I have it if you would like to come down and get it I'll bring it down to you just call me" I told her and she quickly said yes and hung up.

I looked at the clock to see it was 1:30. Oh my god I still had almost two hours.

I continued working until two when May called to say they were downstairs.

"Mr.Melody I need to go downstairs for a few minutes is that okay?" I asked.

"Yes that's fine"

I quickly hung up and rushed to the elevator. When I finally made it to the lobby I saw an exhausted May,A Sky who was just walking around sucking her thumb,Bradley was hugging Violets legs while she rubbed his back and Taylor was holding on to Mays legs also sucking her thumb.

When May saw me she smiled the biggest smile ever. Taylor saw me and ran over to me reaching her hands into the air so I quickly picked her up and settled her on my hip. Then Bradley saw me and ran over to me his face bright red while tears still fell from his eyes.

"Momma" he whined so I quickly handed him his bear. After that he kept his hands in the air so I picked him up and put him on my other hip where he put his tear filled face in my neck.

"May you look so tired I'm so sorry" I apologized for my kids.

"It's okay they just seemed really fussy today especially taybug" she explained.

"How was school Violet?" I asked her. Violet goes to kindergarten half days.

"We learned colors and letters" she told me.

"That's great"

We talked for a couple more minutes before I had to go back upstairs.

I set Bradley down and tried to hand Taylor to May but she gripped my shoulders and yelled no.

Finally I got her off and into Mays arms but she started screaming and yelling mommy acrossed the lobby. Sensing her sisters distress Sky stated crying too and holding on to Violets legs.

After about five minutes off that I walked over to Taylor deciding I didn't want to make a scene any longer in the lobby.

I grabbed Taylor from mays arms and put her on my hip where she wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face in my neck. I then grabbed Sky from Violet and put her on my hip as well.

"May you get the rest of the day off, I take him for the rest of the day" I told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked hesitantly and I nodded.

"My boss is going to hate me" I told her and she laughed.

We said are goodbyes to May and then headed for the elevator me holding Sky and Taylor and Violet holding Bradley's hand.

"Violet can you press the up button please?" Which she did immediately. once we got into the elevator I told her to press floor 17.

When we arrived on the floor I set sky down and she went and held violets hand.

When we walked through the floor all of my coworkers looked at me. I just smiled and walked to my desk and I told them to stay there and then I went to the meeting room and grabbed four chairs and brought them to my desk because I wasn't in a cubicle so I had a ton of room.

"Now you guys have to be a little quiet since mommies trying to work and other people are working" they all gave me the cutest nod and went and sat in the chairs.

I worked for ten mor minutes before my phone rang and I was about to pick it up when Taylor ran over and picked it up.

"Hello" she said in her little baby voice. I quickly grabbed it from her and she started tearing up so I picked her up and put her in my lap.

"Hel.." I barely got out.

"Elena why did some little girl answer the phone? You know what I'm just gonna come out there" he said then quickly hung up and I groaned.

He appeared at my desk within two minutes glaring at me.

"Who are these children?" He asked looking furious.

"There my children and they wouldn't stop crying when I went downstairs earlier so I just decided to take them since I only have about an hour left in my day" I explained.

"I didn't know you had children,But whatever I don't care anymore but I need you in my office" he said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry but I can't because If I did they would terrorize the office" I told him.

I figured he would be pissed but he shocked me and went to the meeting room and grabbed a chair and brought it to my desk and started explaining things to me.

Something shocked me even more after that though,Sky got up and walked over to Conner and climbed into his lap and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Sky no come here" I went to grab her but he held his hand up.

"No it's fine" and I just stared at him in aw.

We worked for the next hour until he said I could go home so I Quickly gathered all my stuff and told the kids to stand by my desk while I put the chairs away.

When I returned I went to Sky who was still sitting in my bosses lap and grabbed her but she started screaming and grabbing on to his arms.

"Sky come on you have to let go" I told her and she shook her head no.

Conner reached up and disconnected her arms from him but held her hand and I just loved him for that.

"I'm so sorry she usually doesn't act like this" I apologized.

"It's fine she seems like a sweet girl" and I nodded.

Once I got all my bags in my arms along with Sky I told Violet to hold Bradley and Taylor's hand. Conner let go of Sky's hand and she started crying harder so I just turned her around in my arms and she buried her head in my neck.

It seems all my children wanted to have meltdowns today.

I quickly walked past Conner but Sky lifted her head from my neck.

"Bye bye" she said and waved before putting her head in my neck. My heart broke.

"Okay come on you guys" I said as I ushered them out and down to the bus.

Another day down and so many more to go.