15. Ashton

Recap:
"Something I just realized is that Ashton had a similar experience to yours" and I froze.

"Oh really?" I said playing dumb.

"Yeah he said the girl said she didn't want to see him anymore since he reminded her of the baby. He was really broken up about it" he said still cleaning up.

Without thinking I blurted out.

"That is not what happened!" But then froze and so did Conner.

"What?" Conner whispered
~~
"U-U-Ummm nothing" I stammered while trying to keep myself busy by cleaning up the rest of the dishes.

"Elena,what do you mean that's not what happened?!?!" He almost yelled. I didn't say anything.

"Tell me right now!" He demanded and then his face softened. The anger in his eyes fell away and he looked like a lost little boy.

"Please" he whispered.

"Alright! Yes, yes me and Ashton dated, and yes he got me pregnant and we lost the baby but I never said I didn't want to see him again. He walked out on me!" I said through anger.

We stood there in silence for what seemed like hours before I started thinking and my eyes filled up with tears.

"He was my best friend and he left me in the hospital. I was recovering from losing my baby and he told me I killed his child. How could he do that?" I asked myself.

I felt Conner pull me into his chest and for the first time in a while I let myself cry and I cried hard.

Conner was rubbing my back soothingly and whispering in my ear that it would be okay.

After what felt like forever I pulled back and looked up at him and he looked into my eyes.

"Mommy!" I heard Violet yell breaking us out of our trance.

"I'll guess I'll go get that" I said already starting to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"No I'll handle that and you can take a minute to your self" I was going to argue but I felt completely drained,so I just nodded.

He walked up the stairs and I sat down laying my head on the table. That was until I heard Violet screaming.

"No I want mommy!" I heard her say so I jumped up and ran upstairs to see Conner trying to comfort her in her room.

When she saw me she ran over and almost climbed up me but I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"What's the matter baby?" I whispered while rubbing her back.

"I don't like him mommy" she said pointing at Conner who looked hurt.

"Why baby? He's been very nice and helpful" I asked.

"He's not my real daddy!" She screamed getting all tantrum like again.

"I want my real daddy" she sobbed into my neck.

I slowly walked up to Conner giving him an apologetic look before I asked him if he could give the triplets a bath and he quickly said yes and walked out of the room.

I walked over to Violets bed and sat down while slowly rocking her. She began snoring a little while later so I gently set her down and pulled the covers over her.

It was past everyone's bed time anyhow.

When I walked into the triplets room Conner was sitting on the floor trying to get all three of them dressed at the same time.

It looked like an assembly line.

He went down the line,sliding them into their sleepers and then went down again zipping them up before they all gave him a kiss goodnight and jumped into bed.

I walked in and walked over to Bradley's bed first making Conner jump since he didn't know I was there and I said goodnight and did the same to taylor and sky.

It was 8:30 by the time they all were in bed and asleep.

I was exhausted.

I could tell Conner was upset when we returned downstairs.

"Look I'm sorry about Violet she just needs time" I said but he didn't care.

"I think I'm gonna head out but I'll see you tomorrow" he said while putting on his jacket and getting his keys.

"Okay" I whispered.

He went and opened the door but froze and I looked out curiously only to see....

Ashton standing there.

"What are you doing here?" Conner spat.

"I could ask you the same thing" Ashton said with a smirk.

"Ashton just go away" I said finally finding my voice.

I could see the standoff between the brothers and it made me uncomfortable.

"Shut up Elena" Ashton shouted.

Before I knew it Conners fist had made contact with Ashton's nose and Ashton was laying on the ground holding his face.

Conner was just about to pounce on him when I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Conner he's not worth it" I said in a low voice.

"I'm going to go ahead and guess that Elena told you what really happened in high school" Ashton said still holding his nose but was now standing.

I let go of Conner and walked to the door.

"Get off my property before I call the cops" and with that I slammed the door in his face.

I looked at Conner but quickly zoned in on his hand that was bleeding.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen and then went to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit.

"You know you didn't have to do that,right?" I questioned while cleaning his wound.

"You shouldn't be spoken to like that Elena" he whispered.

We sat in silence for awhile while I worked on his hand but he broke the silence again.

"Elena I have to ask.." I looked up at him waiting for the question.

"Was Ashton abusive towards you when you were together?"

"No he was the sweetest guy" I replied.

He seemed satisfied with that answer and let me continue on.
~~
I wanna be done with heavy scenes for a few chapters!