7) Feelings?

Vennela's Point Of View

*****

Almost a week passed. I attended to the hospital , but never confronted Dr. Jay. Sana helped me with his instructions. Whenever we crossed paths , he looks at me blankly as if I don't exist in this earth. I was surprised that even Amma didn't bring up the marriage topic again. Probably they've understood what they asked us to do was utter blunder. I've also learned from Sana that Dr. Jay has a fiance. A rich buissnessmans daughter. I wondered why his Dad agreed to let him get married to me even though he is in a relationship with someone else, already.

Vibha's health is stable and I'm taking care of her. Hope she will soon come out of the trauma she's going through.

I was getting ready for the hospital , when Amma barged Inside my room. I looked at her. She looked glowing in face.

"Vennu , the marriage will happen in five days. Anand's father had just called me and informed that they're giving a nod"she said making me smile in relief.

I wanted to run towards Vibha and give her a tight hug. But the next thing she said dropped a bomb on my head.

"Both the marriages will happen the same day. They've met the priest today"

"Both the marriages?"I asked

"Yes. Anand's and Vibha's. Yours with Jay"she said leaving me numb

"But I thought we ended the topic earlier. Amma you can't force me to get married. Even Dr. Jay have zero interest in this. I don't want to spoil his --"

"But he agreed for this marriage Vennu"she said making me numb.

"What? He agreed?"I asked unbelievably

"That's why I'm relieved and happy. Anand's father called me and said that even Jay agreed for this marriage. There's nothing to worry"

I didn't knew what to say. I couldn't believe my ears.

He agreed?

Why?

For god's sake..why?

I wanted to shout. My eyes teared up unknowingly.

"I'm finally relieved Vennu. All these while I've been very much disturbed thinking about you both. Barely few days are left for the marriage. I have asked your uncle to come tomorrow to help me with the preparations"

"Have you realised that you're gonna spoil my life? You can't do this to me Amma"I said truly broken from inside. She stepped closer and caressed my hairs

"I know what you are going through Vennu. But I believe that you'll be happy with this marriage sooner. Right now I'm not thinking about anything else. I want my kids to be together"

"What will you do then? What do you gain by sending us away?"I asked and tears rolled down her cheeks

"I'm your mother. It's my duty. Don't think I'm spoiling your life. Slowly you'll understand that my decision was right. And about me , one day or the other you both have to leave me and go. I'll be alone"

I hugged her tightly and started crying in her arms. She hugged me back and patted my hairs

"I'm not going anywhere leaving you.  Please don't force me for this marriage. Vibha will get a life and that's enough for me. Amma please. I don't want a marriage now"I cried vigorously

"Vennu , I don't know what to say. But I trust you. Only you can help Vibha and it's important for you to be there with her. I hate myself for doing this to you but I know you very well. You'll be happy and you'll not regret marrying him. Trust me"she said pacifying me.