13) Inner Turmoils

Jay's Point Of View

*****

When I came back from the gym , the room looked empty. I searched for Dr. Vennela around the house. She was nowhere to be seen. It made me feel a weird. I wondered where she'd gone without informing me.

Oh come on Jay! You yourself asked her to stay away from you. That's what she's actually doing.

I quickly got ready to leave for the hospital. When I walked downstairs , I saw Vibha helping Mom in arranging the breakfast. Dad and Anand were seated in the chairs. They had their food in silence. Vibha smiled at me and I smiled back. My eyes kept searching for Dr. Vennela. I pulled out a chair and sat comfortably.

"Whom are you searching for Anna?"anand's voice took me back to sense. That's when I realised that I kept looking at the kitchen , hoping that she would come out

What the hell??

"No one"I answered. He grinned like a teenage boy making me frown.

"Vadina had already left to the hospital. Don't search for her. She said something urgent came up so she had leave"he whispered in my ear. I glared at him.

"Come here"I said to him and he leaned to me.

"Did I ask you? Why do I have to bother about her?"I asked and he smiled at me.

"Because thats exactly what you're doing Anna"he snapped.

"There's nothing like that and- are you wearing my shirt?"I raised my brows.

"Ofcourse. Why is that a surprise? I missed stealing your shirts and tees"he said making me smile. My brother had this habit of stealing my clothes. I don't know about now , since we stayed away from each other for so long. I missed him a lot.

Vibha served us food. She looked a bit tensed in face whenever she was around my parents. I hope Mom is good to her. Dad got up and walked away when he was done with his food. I quickly started having my food.

"Jay, eat slowly. Why do you have to hurry?"mom scolded me.

"Come sit. I will serve you now"Anand said dragging Vibha to the chair. She refused

"I'll have it later"she said. He held her hand and forcefully made her sit in the chair. I smiled at them. They looked adorable together. Suddenly I felt jealous of him. He got the same girl , with whom he wanted to spent his entire life with. I felt like laughing at my state.

Look where we've ended Shraddha! You made me hate myself. You made me hate Dr. Vennela too.

I saw him filling her plate with spices. I sighed and smacked his head.

"Ouch"he looked at me.

"Don't give her too much spice to eat. It may worsen her health. Stupid"I said and got up from the chair. Anand glared at me and Vibha giggled looking at his face. I smiled and walked away. I quickly washed my hands and rushed upstairs. I grabbed my car keys from the stand and drove to the hospital.

All these while some unwanted questions invaded my thoughts. When I reached the hospital I started heading towards Dr. Vennela's cabin. I opened the door and searched for her. She was nowhere to be seen.

"Good morning Dr. Jay"Dr. Sana wished me as soon as I came outside her cabin.

"Good morning Dr. Sana. Did you see Dr. Vennela"I asked and I guess I sounded weird to her. She's your wife. Damn it.

"I mean..Vennela. Where's she?"I asked.

"I thought you both came together. I haven't seen her yet. Must be here somewhere around"she said