33) Being Together

Anand's Point of View

*****

I leaned my head to the couch, while sitting on the floor and stared up at the vast ceiling. Then I close my eyes to let myself drown in thoughts. I don't know what I was thinking. I can't keep this away from vibha forever. She deserves to know the truth. She have to know that she cannot be a mother again. If not now, she will get her hopes high and then I have to break her heart again. It is too much. I can't give her anymore pain again.

When Divya akka announced her pregnancy I was extremely happy for them. At the same time I felt the rising sting in my heart. I could never feel the joy of becoming a father again. Vibha could never feel the bliss of giving birth to a baby.

So I decided to let her know the truth. Today. Right now.

I pumped my fists, forcing myself to keep my composure. I should be strong enough. I don't care if she hits me or yells at me. I'm going to do this.

I heard footsteps so I quickly wiped the tears which ran down my cheeks. Vibha walked in with a cup of coffee. I smiled at her. She wore a loose tee of mine with tracks. Her lips curved into a smile when she looked at me.

That smile.

I can't watch it vanish away in few minutes. She dimmed the lights and sat right next to me. Since Divya akka and Rajeev bava is here we're spending the night in the living room.

"Here"she handed me over the coffee. I took a sip with my shivering hands and drew a sharp breath. Her hands crawled to my head and she started to massage my head slowly. Few minutes of silence passed by.

"Feeling better?"she asked.

"You being here makes me a lot better"I said.

"Geez...."she pulled up a face. I smiled softly.

Keeping the cup aside, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. Vibha rested her head near my heart. I'm sure she could feel my rising heartbeat.

"I have to tell- you something"I said, gulping down from my throat.

Vibha raised her head and looked at me.

"I know what you're thinking"she said making me freeze. My body went cold.  I clutched her hand tightly.

"It's about our baby right? I know Divya akkas pregnancy had reminded you of our angel. I had triggered too. But- I'm not thinking about that. I don't want to get hurt again Anand. I'm just so tired of everything. I just want you. I want you besides me. Now and forever"she said hugging me tight. I tried to blink away tears. But I couldn't.

Vibha touched her palms to my cheek and watched me shedding tears. Unknowingly her eyes welled up. She pulled me closer and kissed my lips. I wrapped my hand around her again and shifted her to my lap.