39) Misunderstandings

Anand's Point of View

*****

I came back home after a hectic day, mentally prepared to have a fight with vibha. I had promised her to get back home quick but the last minute I had to assist for an emergency operation. It took longer than expected. I didn't even get time to check on my phone.

Time was nearing one as I walked in. I saw isha sitting in the front verandah, reading a book. I wondered why she haven't slept.

"Hey"I said. Isha looked up and smiled seeing me.

"Hi. Work huh?"she asked, keeping her glasses aside.

"Nope. Some emergency came up. Hope she's not mad?"I asked.

"I cant promise you that. You know we girls get mad when we don't get what we want"she said and got up. I nodded, agreeing.

"So why didn't you sleep yet? Where's vikranth?"I asked.

"He's in the hospital as usual. I wasn't sleepy so I thought of reading something boring. Turns out, it is an interesting book indeed"she said. I chuckled.

"Okay then. Good night isha"I said and walked ahead.

"Anand wait"isha called out so I stopped.

"Yeah?"

"Um- can you come inside for few minutes. There's something important I need to talk to you about"she said.

"Oh? Yeah sure"I said.

Isha opened the door for me and I walked in. I wondered what she wanted to talk about that couldn't wait till tomorrow. I looked at the time. I was desperate to meet vibha and apologise to her.

"Sit"she said. I sat on the couch. Isha sat next to me. I saw her clutching her fingers. Her face suddenly washed with tension and nervousness.

"Isha are you okay?"I asked.

"Yeah- um- I'm sorry...I know you might be wondering what's it that I couldn't wait to tell you- but I just don't want to keep this within myself. You need to know this. Before it's too late"she said. I grew a bit tensed. I wondered if something bad happened to vibha.

"What's it? Tell me"I said.

"Okay but- before I tell you, you have to promise me something. That you'll not act on impulse and you'll not confront vibha about this until I tell you"she said. Now I've lost my coolness and I'm very much scared.

"Isha you're scaring me. Is vibha okay?"I asked

"She's okay Anand but-I just want to give you some advice. Please try to spend more time with her. I don't want you both to end up like me and vik. Our relationship is too complicated right now that we can't even sit and discuss with each other. I love you and vibha equally and I'm just saying this as a concerned friend"she said.

"I know what you're trying to saying Isha. But- things are fine between us. Vibha is understanding and it's all okay"I said.

"There's a lot women can hide anand. No matter how hard we try, some things keep pushing us over the edge. We crave for love attention from our partners. I'm not saying that you aren't giving her enough attention and love but- she is disappointed with you"she said.

What? Disappointed?

"What do you mean Isha? Did vibha say something like that?"I asked.

She drew a breath and held my hand.

"You know keshav right? Vibhas friend?"she asked. I nodded and wondered why she's mentioning him now. My heart started pounding faster.

"Yeah"I said.