35) Day Off

Vibhas Point of View

*****

London.

I woke up hearing the final announcement. We were landing in ten minutes. I looked at anand who was asleep in my shoulder. I smiled and checked his temperature. He seemed fine. When we started off his temperature had gone high, making me tensed. I gave him medicines I carried. Also he didn't had his food properly which made me more worried for him.

"Anand wake up. We're landing"I said and he stirred, rubbing his eyes. I chuckled at his face. His lips broke into a smile when he saw me staring at him.

"Hey"he said huskily making me sigh.

He have got no timing in turning me on.

"How are you feeling?"I asked.

"Uhm- much better"he pecked my lips.

We landed soon enough. I was excited as the fresh air of London greeted us. We collected our luggages and headed outside.

"Anna said his friend Vikranth is meeting us outside"he said making me nod.

We saw someone at the end, holding our names in the board in the waiting area. Anand waved his hand and he waved back.

"That must be him"

We walked closer towards him.

"Dr. Vikranth?"anand asked.

"Hey you don't have to be so formal"he smiled and shook hands with anand.

"Welcome to London Anand and vibha"he greeted making us smile.

"Car is waiting outside"he said. We nodded and headed outside the airport.

 We nodded and headed outside the airport

"So how was your journey?"vikranth asked.

"Pretty good"anand said.

"Jay had called me today morning. I'll just make sure that you both are comfortable. The apartment is just top of ours so we get to be neighbours"he said.

"Do you live alone?"I asked

"No. I'm in a live-in relationship with my girlfriend, Isha. She's a designer"

Anand and vikranth stuffed our cab with luggages. I rubbed my palms. The atmosphere was so chilly. It was early in the morning. There was faint lights and very less people were gathered around.

We got inside our cab. I looked around admiring the city. It looked like a living dream. I remember how excited I was to visit this place when I got my offer letter for the first time. Now it looks like an escape. An escape from reality.

"God. Jay and I used to have so much of fun together. I wish I could come back to India"vikranth was busy talking to anand.

"Anna said you guys used to hang out a lot together"Anand said.